Is There a Surgery That Lifts the Corner of the Eyes?

I heard about a surgery that elevates the eyes like a doll (the corners). It's in the temple area. Do you know the name of this procedure or this is true?

I don't know how to explain myself. I just saw a girl looked so good, but I never did ask.

Canthopexy vs canthoplasty vs. cheeklift to lift the corners of the eye

+2

The corners of the eyes are a tricky area. The procedures most often used to help the appearance in the corners of the eye are the canthopexy or the canthoplasty, a more extensive version of the canthopexy involving more surgery on the lower eyelid.

Almost always, the outer portion of the eye should be considered in conjunction with the rest of the face.

Almost always in our practice, we use a minimal incision cheeklift (USIC cheeklift) to support the corner of the eye when elevating cheek tissue and performing corrective surgery on the corner of the eye. This gives a great deal of support to any canthal reconstruction that is done, and achieves a more natural result. The reference below lists several publications we have on the subject.

The upper eyelids and brow position should be considered as well, to avoid getting a bunched look at the side of the eye. So the upper eyelid is involved more often than not, to achieve a more beautiful result.

The face must look harmonious, not altered. That should be primary goal when considering any surgery on the lower eyelid or the corner of the eye.

Lifting the outer corners of the eye: canthopexy vs canthoplasty

+2

There are two different procedures for this depending on the underlying anatomy and desired treatment goals. One is called a canthopexy and the other is called a canthoplasty (more extensive). Traditionally the former is more commonly performed with lower eyelid tucks but may require an upper eyelid incision which typically heals with a nearly invisible scar.

Canthopexy and Canthoplasty

+1

The lateral canthal ligament, the ligament that connects the corner of the eye to the inside of the orbit cane be lifted in 2 ways:

- by a tightening tuck - PEXY - canthopexy OR
- buy dividing it and reinserting it higher in the orbit - canthoplasty

The procedure is USUALLY done with sagging lower eyelids, especially when other operations are done on the cheek or lower lids. Which of the operations is done would depend on the extent of lifting required.

Canthoplasty or canthopexy and cheek lift

+1

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about. A canthopexy or canthoplasty elevates that lateral eye usually done to support the lower lid. Sometimes this is done in conjunction with a cheek lift.

Lateral canthopexy

+1

This is a small operation that lifts the outside corner of the eye.  this can also change the shape as well as the orientation of the lids.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Corner of eyes surgery

+1

There are different types of surgeries that effect the corner of the eyes depending on what anatomy you have and what you are trying to accomplish. A temporal brow lift elevates the lateral eyebow and the soft tissues below it. A canthopexy or canthoplasty can change the position of the outside corner of the eyelid itself.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD