Can I Get a Second Surgery to Get a Better Lift? (photo)

2 months ago i had a mommy makeover,happy w/ the tummy tuck,but really frustated with my breasts i had very saggy breasts before from losing 70 pounds and breastfeeding for 6 months,i wanted them perkier and smaller i still have the same issues i used to have before the surgery,i had the lollipop lift w/ small saline implants. can i get a second lift? in how long? and how does revision works,do i pay the full price again? thank you!

A lollipop lift with small saline implants is the right operation, may want to revise

+2

You obviously went to a knowledgable plastic surgeon.  The vertical "lollipop" breast lift is the correct operation, with implants to restore upper pole fullness.  A good thing about this operation is that you can have it revised to provide more tightening.  All plastic surgeons have occasion to do this because gravity is working against us!  The second operation is likely to be less expensive.  You don't need new implants obviously.  It's just a matter of talking this over with your surgeon.  Because he or she did your original surgery, they are likely to give you some sort of discount although they should not be expected to do it for free because this is just a reality of gravity and tissue elasticity.  Take comfort in the fact that you had the right surgery.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation together with breast lift

+2

Based on your photos I think your surgeon did a pretty good job. More can be the enemy of better so think long and hard before you ask for more surgery this soon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

May need a more formal anchor type of breast lift

+1

It sounds like you need a more formal anchor type breast lift to give you the result that you are expecting. 

Breast Lift after mommy makeover

+1

In my practice, I prefer to wait approximately 6 months before making a decision for any revision surgery, to give the breasts adequate time to settle.  Most board certified plastic surgeons  have a revision policy in place.  Perhaps you should  discuss this with your surgeon.

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can I Get A Better Lift By Doing A Second Surgery?

+1

60 days is not enough time to know what the final outcome of your breast lift/augmentation will be.  I am not a big fan of waiting if the second surgery needs to be done.  However, I see no sign at this point that a second revisionary lift to your breast is necessary. 

If a greater lift is agreed on by you and your plastic surgeon, there are several techniques which will allow more lifting, including wedge resection or implant switching.  Now is the time to be patient, enjoy your new body, and stay in close contact with your plastic surgeon.  You will be amazed with how things improve with time, and if they don't, he or she is the best person to discuss revisionary surgeries with. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Surgery for better lift

+1

Looking at the pictures I do believe you have good results. Waiting longer, 4-6 months, will allow more swelling to subside and the breast to settle. Then you address your concerns with you plastic surgeon.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Repeat Breast Lift Options?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you will be much better off asking these questions of your plastic surgeon who knows you, the exact procedure performed, and your current situation much better than any online consultants can. He/she is most motivated to make sure he/she ends up with happy patients as much as possible.

Disappointing breast lift

+1

Your photo suggests 4 possibilities:

1. Your tissues have lost elasticity and can't hold the lift.
  2. The implants are too big and makes your tissues stretch.
  3. The lift didn't do enough.
  4. In the healing period, before your tissues gained strength, you didn't wear a bra.

You can have a second lift six months after your first lift. What is done depends on the cause. If your tissues have lost elasticity, a second operation may be disappointing. In the meantime, wear a bra 24/7 to support your breasts. 

What you will pay for re-do surgery depends on your surgeon's policy. No one can work for free. Sorry this happened. Best of luck.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Second Lift

+1

These are appropriate questions for your plastic surgeon. Before getting a second opinion from another surgeon, ask your surgeon these questions and discuss your options. There ARE options, with pros and cons for each one.

George Weston, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon