My First Surgery May Have Left my Nose too Small, Options? (photo)

I was pretty young when I got my first surgery because my nose had been broken and I had a large nasal hump and trouble breathing. I was not yet 18 and now I'm dealing with the consequences of a bad nose job. I wanted a more natural look so I went in for a revision because I could also NOT breathe at all. My new surgeon made it so I could breathe much better but I still feel like my face is unbalanced and it makes me unhappy. What if anything could I do?

Revision Surgery for Small Nose

+2

Unfortunately your nose is too short and too much has been removed from the bridge line. Grafts will be necessary, but a proportional, well- defined nose can be achieved when your surgery is done by an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

My First Surgery May Have Left my Nose too Small, Options?

+1

Yes, in terms of today's modern Rhinoplasty aesthetics the photo shows that your nose has a scooped bridge with an over rotated (upturned) nasal tip.  IMHO, this would require a Revision Rhinoplasty with a straight, silastic dorsal graft, possible tip plasty (front view would be required to evaluate tip) and a Columellar tuck vs. conchal cartilage ear graft to de-rotate the nasal tip.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Nose to small

+1

It's difficult to judge from just this photo. You need to consult with a surgeon with revision experience and do some computer imaging to better articulate what you are looking for. Certainly there are optins for you to derotate your nose or augment your profile to give it a "stronger" appearance. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the overdone nose.

+1
Revision rhinoplasty for the overdone nose requires the skill of a very experienced surgeon. You will need grafting to de rotate your nose and give you more bridge. See noses like yours on my website and those of other surgeons. Of course a personal consultation and exam is best.

Rhinoplasty and facial balance

+1

We find the best way to help determine what changes are indicated in rhinoplasty is through computer simulation. In this way you can see what the effect will be with your nose 'larger' and you get a visual appreciation of facial balance. It can be hard to describe, though you will know it when you see it.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Nose too small After Nasal Revision

+1

It is hard to appreciate exactly your concerns from the one photo.  However, you nose may be small but this still can look attractive if it is in balance with the rest of the features on your face. Consult with a revision specialist who can perform imaging of the nose to see what you might look like after making the nose larger. The one issue you need to come to terms with is that there will be a need for additional cartilage to make the nose bigger. This will mean you need to have cartilage from your ear or rib taken to help rebuild the nose if this is the direction you want to go. 

Do your research as each subsequent surgery becomes increasingly difficult. 

Vincent Marin, MD

More natural nose with revision rhinoplasty

+1

You could consider additional surgery but it is important to discuss with your surgeon what specifically you want changed. If you are looking for a more built up bridge that can be done with cartilage grafting which is more durable than filler injection. It is also important to determine if you want the rotation of your tip (how upturned it is) changed. Pre-operative digital morphing with your potential surgeon can be very helpful in assessment which changes would help create the result you're looking for.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com