Surgery Including 2 Hernia Repairs, Abdominal Wall Repair, BL, BA, Lipo for Hips? Separately, Same Time?

If Done Under 5 Hr is it safer to split up surgeries or do together if under 5 hrs? can being under general for 4-5 hours affect memory or body in an adverse way?

What is a Safe Amount of Time Under Anesthesia?

+1

Thank you for the question. I try to limit my anesthetic time to 6 hours or less. However this is for patients who are otherwise healthy. For patients with medical problems (diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, etc.) the longer the list of problems the shorter the amount of time allowed to be under anesthesia as well as limiting the number of procedures that may produce significant blood loss. If a patient has a significant problem (recent heart attack) or number of problems then they may just not be good surgical candidates.

This is why it is important to obtain a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will not only examine you but review your medical history to ensure that there are no contraindications for you to have surgery.

I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Under 5 hours of cosmetic surgery is fine.

+1

Hi.

It is not just about the number of hours.  Sounds like you need a modified mommy makeover.  If you are healthy and thin, these procedures are done together.   Quite safe.  But if you are over 60 years old or overweight, they should not be done together regardless of the number of hours.

Multiple surgeries at once

+1

I agree with Dr. Abramson. Surgery limited to 6 hours is safe. Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon to get advice on what can be done at one surgery.

Reston Plastic Surgeon

Safe Amount of Time for Surgery

+1

4-5 hours of surgery is acceptable for most healthy patients.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you decide which procedures can be performed safely together.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal wall reconstruction, breast augmentation

+1

The amount of cosmetic surgery the should be performed at one time should be limited to 6hours. Longer surgery can lead to increased complications.  Although unforeseen problems can occur your surgeon should be able to estimate how long each procedure would take and the potential for blood loss with each one.

Web reference: Http://www.drabramson.com