What Surgery Could Improve my Eyes? (photo)

My eyes have always bothered me. I was wondering what type of procedures will help my eyes have a more natural and alert look to them. Also im 18 years old, is too young of an age to get surgery?

Too young for eyelid surgery?

+1

In the photo your head appears tilted downward and you are looking slightly upward. This makes everyone's upper eyelids look heavier. With that in mind, you do seem to have a slight excess of skin in your upper lids -- not an abnormal amount, but the upper limits of normal.

The youngest patient that I have performed upper lid surgery on was 21, and she remains very pleased 30 years later. Nothing caused you to have this as it is an inherited trait. Many populations throughout the world have this, many from birth.

If you decide to have the upper eyelid surgery, it is my recommendation that you not have it over-treated, as I have seen this in many movie stars, actors, etc. A male should not be given a female's eyes, unless, of course, they request it. The deep set hollow upper lids are generally a feminine trait. My suggestion -- request conservative treatment.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Young man who is unhappy with his tired look.

+1

Normally we look at an 18 year old and think that there is no need to treat a heavy upper eyelid in such a young person. There are congenital "Asian" looking eyelids in non-Asian people where the upper eyelid is prematurely hooded and consequently heavy looking. A heavy eyebrow is an attractive feature in men and this combination hides the deep set eye that you have. Good facial analysis would be useful to further review your concern. But before proceeding I would ask to what degree does this bother you. I would not recommend treating your eyebrow position, either surgically nor with neurotoxins. There is a likely anatomic reason for your appearance but it would be important to see how this relates to the rest of your face and the degree to which the problem impacts you. 

Surgery in 18 yo for eyes.

+1

I typically would not do surgery on an 18 year old for low brows. The angle of the photo has you looking up and this gives a more tired/angry appearance to your expression. Your brow and lids and in decent postion for a male. You may consider some Neurotoxin (Botox/Dysport etc) to relax the muscles that are pulling the brows down (brow depressors- corrugator and lateral orbicularis muscles). This is a quick procedure with few complications and may give you a solution to your concerns.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Opening up eyes.

+1

You have normal male brows which give you that look. It looks normal to the rest of the world and you should avoid surgery and definitely not an upper blepharoplasty.

What Surgery Could Improve my Eyes?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the eybrows appear to be lowered, perhaps by your expression, making the upper eyelids appear full.  This is highly unusual in an 18 year old and I would not consider performing an Upper Eyelid Surgery on anyone of that age.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

What surgery to improve eyes?

+1

Generally speaking, 18 would be an age that I would not expect someone to need surgery to improve the upper eyelids.  There are some people that have issues with the upper or lower eyelids that are not caused by aging, but by hereditary causes.  From your picture, it does appear that your eyebrows are a little low.  This is most likely the cause of your eyes not looking alert.  It's possible that you could be a candidate for surgery to raise your eyebrows a bit, which should help with making your eyes look more alert.  I doubt that you would need any surgery for your upper eyelids if your brow was slightly raised.  Of course, you would need to be evaluated in person in order to determine if surgery is an option for you or not.    

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery, eyelid lift

+1

It appears that an upper eyelid blepharoplsty can remove some of the skin from above your lids to "open up your eyes".  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic or eye Surgeon.  Your age does not preclude you from undergoing this procedure.