What Surgery Will Help my Face (photo)?

I know I have a lot of asymmetry, and really hate how I look when I look in the mirror and at photos, but I can't put my finger on exactly what's needed. More feminine jawline? Smaller forehead? I am already doing Botox for wrinkles and I am addressing the weird discoloration on the side of my mouth, so try to look past that!

What Surgery Will Help my Face

+2

First let me start out by saying this is a great question and one that I am asked many times.  As amazing as it sounds, patients are frequently not sure of what aesthetically can and can not imporve their appearance in a natural and consistent manner.

Looking at the photos, IMHO aesthetically the following areas can be improved thereby making the face appear more youthful, feminine and attractive.  These are listed in their aesthetic order of priority as listed in my book "What's Your Number...The Palmer Code".

1. The cheeks are flat and Cheek Augmentation using fillers (I prefer Perlane) or Cheek Implants would give the face a softer, more femine, youthful appearance.
  2. The eybrows are quite low and despite the high forehead a Brow Lift when performed properly would elevate the eyebrows to a more aesthetic position making the eyes appear more almond-shaped and feminine.
  3. The Nasal tip is a bit wide and could be thinnned with a Tip-plasty (full Rhinoplasty not required).
  4. The chin is a bit weak and can be augmented with a Chin Implant (size small) to further balance the lower face on profile.
  5. These is some evidence of skin laxity (Jowls) more evident on the left side that can be reduced with a minimal incision facelift.
  6. The upper lip is a bit thin compared to the lower lip and could be augmented using fillerrs or an Alloderm Lip Implant.

Hope this helps.

Better

+1

You are actually very attractive. I would love to see a photo with full makeup and your hair done. Scars from tissue expanders last a lifetime. Maybe a little too much botox being used

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Browlift/midface volume/tip rhinoplasty

+1

First off, I should start off by saying that you are a very attractive woman, and you should not hate what you see when you look in the mirror.

Having said that,  you could benefit from a few options. A brow lift [hairline] with hairline lowering as mentioned by Dr. Mayer is one such option.

Facial fat grafting is the second option that would be beneficial as well. You have a very thin face and augmenting the cheek area specially would help.

A tip rhinoplasty to better define the cartilage of your nose is another option you could consider.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

What surgery would help my face?

+1

Hello, in reviewing your posted photos it is quite clear that you would benefit from a combination of procedures. Let's start with

a rhinoplasty for some tip refinement, upper blepharoplasty (upper eye lid surgery), tear trough fill, augment your cheeks and nasal labial folds with your own fat or filler and laser resurfacing for your skin. Schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Your surgeon will do photo imaging and you will get a good idea of what you can expect your results to be. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Volume Enhancement of the Midface

+1

The major recommendation I have is adding volume to the midface and cheek areas.  This can be accomplished with fillers such as Radiesse, or volumizers such as Sculptra (my preference) or autologous fat injections.  A surgical alternative would involve placement of cheek implants over the malar regions.  Regarding the height of your forehead, the answer is well described in the post by Dr. Mayer.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry and long face with high forehead.

+1

Facial asymmetry and long face with high forehead is quite common. Your hairline needs to be lowered significantly and unless your scalp is very flexible this requires a tissue expander for 6 weeks along with The Irregular Trichophytic Forehead incision and mild browlift. We developed this about 35 years ago and the hair grows thru the scar not behind it. Cheek implants can be done after if you still want them. The mild forehead and brow sadness will be corrected.

Cheek augmentation may help balance a stronger jawline

+1

From your photos you do have a somewhat stronger jawline.  Although there are options to reduce a prominent jaw, most involve cutting the jaw bone and are major surgical procedures.  An option in your case may be to augment your cheeks to achieve a better balance with your jawline and forehead.  This can be done with cheek implants, but injectable fillers, such as Radiesse, Juvederm, and Sculptra, can also augment  cheeks.  If you are unsure if you would be happy with the long term results, Juvederm and Radiesse do resorb over time.  For the skin discoloration, I would suggest starting with a topical lightening cream which contain tretinoin or hydroquinone.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon