Possible to Lift my Forehead Without Looking Bug Eyed?

If I don't lift my eyebrows in a picture or when I talk to someone I look mean. I'm only 18 and I'm already getting forehead lines because of it. I want to get a lift or something but without look scary or fake. what would be good?

A properly executed browlift or forehead lift will not leave you looking "bugeyed".

+2

Most women will benefit most from an endoscopic browlift because only a modest amount of lifting is needed.  This practically guarantees that overcorrection will not happen due to the limitations of the operation relative to raising the brow.  An open browlift, where the incision extends all the way across the head can overcorrect and make the patient appear startled if it is poorly executed.

Forehead lift and looking surprised

+1

A well done forehead lift should not leave you looking surprised or 'bug-eye' looking.  But at your young age you should not consider any kind of forehead lift surgery.

Sam Naficy, MD

Forehead Lifts and Eyebrow Position

+1

One of the important considerations in performing a forehead lift is to be mindful of the preoperative and postoperative position of the eyebrows as this is the principal reason for  performing a forehead lift.

In younger patients an endoscopic brow lift may be the best technique as the forehead skin is already tight and only needs repositioning.  

The endoscopic brow lift procedure is done through small incision hidden in the hairline, or with in the hair.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Forehead lift

+1

I think you are a little young to have a forehead lift.  But it is impossible to say for sure based on the photo you submitted.  But I do disagree with others who recommended that you see a general plastic surgeon for this.  If I were you, I would definitely consult an experienced oculofacial plastic surgeon.  The odds are that that person will have far more experience in this than your average general plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is it possible to lift eyebrows without looking bug eyed?

+1

I have performed Brow Lifts for over 20 years and when done properly, Brow Lifts make the eyes more youthful and almond shaped and the opposite of bug eyed.  If however, the central section of the forehead is lifted in an un-aesthetic manner this can result in a surprised look.

Endobrow Video and discussion: Forehead lift can be overdone. Need to know facial beauty rules

+1

You can look surprised after a browlift. You need  to go to someone that will not make that happen. This can be hard. If you read my theory on facial beauty on my website you will find some answers. Your eyebrows should not be much more than one iris width from your eyelid margin.  Once your eyebrows become greater than  1 1/2 iris widths higher than the point of your eyelashes you could look suprised. You can see how an endobrow is done in the video below with a brief discussion.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow position

+1

If you look at cartoon figures, the "mean" look is drawn with the eyebrows sloping up from the side closest to the nose (the medial side)  up to the lateral side (like a / on the keyboard). That makes the eyebrow shape together look like \ / .  I mention this because as with any concern a patient might have, it is best to understand "why" you think you might look mean. It is helpful for the patient when they speak with physicians about their options.

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Browlift at Age 18?

+1

A well executed browlift will not give an appropriate candidate for surgery a "bug eye" look.  However, at age 18, other options (if any) should be pursued than surgery.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Go with a chemical - not a surgical - browlift if you must

+1

Looking at your photo, I agree with the other surgeons - a chemical browlift (with Botox or other neuromodulator) is your best choice. I think the risk/benefit ratio is not high enough to warrant surgery.

Mike Nayak

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

A “bug eyed” look is not produced by either a forehead or browlift

+1

A “bug eyed” look is not produced by either a forehead or browlift. Patients with this appearance generally had it preoperatively. It is caused by the upper eyelid resting above the colored part of the eye and it is a naturally occurring anatomy except in patients with thyroid disease. You will need a consultation with your plastic surgeon to determine what is the best procedure to give you the best result.

George Weston, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon