What Surgery is Best for Me? How Do I Make This Stomach Flat? (photo)

Over the past 2 years I have lost 95 pounds, I go to the gym 6 days a week and though I notice some difference, it feels impossible to get a flat stomach. I am interested in surgery but I'm not sure what options are available. I have been doing some reading on mini tummy tucks, tummy tucks and liposuction but I don't know what would be best. What would you recommend for me?

Tummy Tuck with Flank Liposuction

+1

Tummy Tuck with flank liposuction would give you the best result.  A mini tummy tuck or lipo alone would not be effective. You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck with flank lipo.  All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Best Surgery for a Flat Stomach

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! You would be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with some liposuction. Liposuction alone will remove fat but you will end up with more loose skin and a mini tummy tuck will only address loose skin below the belly button and it is for patients with minimal skin laxity. If you are planning on having any more children, a standard tummy tuck, one that includes tightening of the abdominal muscle wall, should not be done.Be sure to look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Flat stomach

+1

Thank you for your questions and photos.  I would recommend a full tummy tuck to achieve your desired results (flat stomach).  Congratulations on the enormous weight loss!  That is an achievement! Unfortunately you will not be able to get a "flat stomach" without a full tummy tuck surgery because you simply have too much loose skin.  With the right surgeon, you should have wonderful results!! Good luck to you!!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

+1

I would suggest a full tummy tuck and just a little lipo of the tummy in the center part....Because of the stretch of your skin, a mini really would not work...To get the flattest tummy, a full TT should give you a great result!!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

The tummy tuck removes the extra skin a gives you a tighter look from the repair. Liposuction only removes the extra fat. Based on your photos a tummt tuck with a modest amount of liposuction should give you the best of both worlds. Liposuction alone will not help. Best wishes

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

What Surgery is Best for Me? How Do I Make This Stomach Flat?

+1

Based on the posted photos I recommend skin/fat full tummy tuck with muscle repair to obtain a flatter abdomen 

Extra skin after weight loss: Tummy tuck is the answer

+1

If you want a smooth, flat tummy, you want to have a tummy tuck to remove the stretched out, inelastic skin.  You can really see an amazing change.  Look for a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you in your area.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Laxity after weight-loss

+1

The tummy laxity that you have after this type of weight-loss is more related to how much the skin was stretched at some point.  You DO already have a very flat stomach, but the excess skin overlying it is not allowing you to see that.  Mini-Tummy Tuck is not helpful for you as it does not deal with the excess skin above the belly button.  A tummy tuck would be most helpful for you to take away excess skin and lax tissues.  During your exam, you may also have a discussion with your surgeon about the benefits of a circumferential tummy tuck, if that is applicable to you, to deal with laxity of the sides and Buttocks.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Based on your pictures, the best procedure for you to achieve a tighter and more contoured abdomen would be a full tummy tuck.  Liposuction alone would lead to loose skin and not address the waviness in your skin.  Mini Tummy Tuck will not address the skin above your belly button or the allow for tightening of your muscles.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Flat stomach

+1

I think you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. I do not feel that liposuction will achieve your goal. Some liposuction in your love handle region would improve your overall result.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon