What Surgery for Sagging Cheeks in a Teenager?

Hi, I wanted to know what surgery can a teenager get for genetically inherited sagging cheeks and an undefined jawline? I am losing fat under my eyes and developing tear troughs. Where my cheeks have sagged my upper area of my cheek is flat and my lower cheeks are fatter causing my jawline to not be very defined. It keeps getting worse and i'm also concerned that in these areas there are occasional twitches in my cheeks, would this have anything to do with it? And what surgery would be safest?

Sagging cheeks in a teenager?

+1

Most teenagers do not require surgery for sagging cheeks.  It certainly would be best to resubmit your question with photos so that the responders on this forum can give you their very best answers.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Genetic issues, surgical issue need to be resolved first

+1

It is not easy to give you an educated answer without all the facts as well as a picture at the least. Is the genetic issue related or is it a family trait?. In a teenager, some surgery is not recommended because it stunts facial growth. That is important. If it is just a volume issue then fat grafting can be done and there is no scars or incisions. My best advice is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who will truly access your issues and give you an honest opinion vs the opinion you want to hear.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Surgery for Sagging Cheeks

+1

Hi! Thank you for your question,

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).  I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

To answer your question, there are a few possibilities that will help fix the sagging of the cheeks. A few options may include laser treatments, injectables, or even a face lift. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what procedure is best for you.

Below are some links for additional information and before and after pictures.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900.

Best of luck and have a great day!

Regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD