When evaluating patients with fractures such as yours, I will occasionally state that we should wait for a week or two to determine if there is a deformity. If so, then surgery should be an option. Unfortunately, after 3-4 weeks the bones have healed enough that surgery becomes more difficult. Regardless, I would speak to the surgeons to make the appropriate decision. A CT scan would be quite helpful, as well.