I would like to have surgery to shorten my long nose? Am I a candidate? (photo)

I hate my nose and how long it is so How badly would nose surgery hurt? Would it be a good choice? Im scared for the pain but really want to do it.

Shortening the "long nose" ... Is it a good idea?

+1
When you look at a sculpture, you see something different from different angles.  The nose is the same.  What looks long in one view may look better from a different angle.  That is why we know which "side" looks best in photos.  Here is a little secret:  The balance between the dorsum or bridge and the tip ( the part that projects the most) determines whether the same nose looks "too long" or "too short".  Our visual perception is programmed to see shape, not absolute distances.  So if the bridge is higher, the base or tip will seem smaller.  Same is true with a low bridge and a large bottom part of the nose, it will seem larger.  But you will more likely see it as a longer or shorter nose.  So at a consultation you will be able to see how making changes to the nose will change " what you see".   I suggest a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I would like to have surgery to shorten my long nose? Am I a candidate?

+1
Rhinoplasty or any cosmetic survey is a personal decision. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations... 

+1
You may benefit from a minor Rhinoplasty, but an exam is needed to make that recommendation.  There is little to no pain with the surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1
   Possibly.  I am not seeing much wrong with your nose.  An in-person consultation or more details may be necessary to determine this.

+1
Based on the picture, your nose does not look very long. You may want to see an  experienced plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to get an opinion with more detailed facial analysis.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

I would like to have surgery to shorten my long nose?

+1
From the picture you have submitted, I do not see a long nose. Many people would pay dearly to get a surgical result for what you appear to have naturally! The best thing to do would be to find a local plastic surgeon with experience in rhinoplasty to see for a consultation. You can then show and explain exactly what is bothering you and then  you can come up with a plan together. It may be that you decide not to do anything.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Shortening a Long Nose

+1
In this picture you nose does not appear long. You do have some fullness on the undersurface of the tip which can give the illusion of increased length. You need careful examination by a rhinoplasty specialist to determine the cause of your dissatisfaction.

+1
From this image I just wonder what makes you think you have a long nose.You perhaps need counseling by a PS than a surgery by itself.
I pray that wisdom prevails
Wish you all the best.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Should you have surgery to shorten your nose

+1
Words to describe rhinoplasty can mislead, and based on your photo your nose is not 'long' and though it is hard to judge on one photo overall your nose looks very well indeed. You might seek a consultation with photo simulation to 'try out' changes rather than describe them, and see if any change at all will be for the better.

Rhinoplasty ?

+1
No No No  your nose is NORMAL. Don't let anyone touch it. It is pretty the way it is based on 35 years of doing rhinoplasty!