Surgery for Long Face?

I have a long face shape and it is mainly the middle of my face that is long; my forehead and chin are normal length. The problem is that when I smile, the long face shape causes barely any teeth to be shown and my face overall just does not look proportionate. Is it possible through surgery to fix this problem?

Long Middle Face

+1

Your middle of the face length is unusual as it is usually associated with excessive tooth/gummy smile. The lack of tooth show with smiling makes this not treatable by any midface bone shortening or direct midface surgery. It would be helpful to see photos of your face to see if any other changes could camouflage the longer middle third of your face.

Long face

+1

Yes it is treatable but would require photos to evaluate what you are trying to describe. With long face you should show lots of tooth as well as a gummy smile

Manolis Manolakakis, DMD
Middletown Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon