What Surgery Can Be Done to Fix my Belly Button? (photo)

I have two kids. After my first, my body went right back to normal. After my second, I got a lot of strentch marks below my belly. This doesnt bother me as much as the actual shape of my belly button has changed. I always had a wider opening for my belly button, but after this birth, for some reason I was left with a big indent above my belly button, and the bottom of the hole opens/spread out in a weird way. Would plastic surgery fix this shape?

Umbilicoplasty, tummy tuck with muscle tightening, or midline access repair

+1

Thank you for the photo.  Yes, plastic surgery can improve the shape and appearance of your belly button.  This can be accomplished in a number of different ways and each has its own advantage and disadvantage.  You will first have to decide how much correction you will want as this will determine which of the procedures you will have to pursue and the procedure in turn will determine cost, incision length and location, and downtime.

Dr Remus Repta 

Umbilicoplasty and tummy tucks

+1

As mentioned, you do need to be evaluated by a doctor to determine the integrity of your abdominal wall and if there is any hernia present.  Depending on your goals and desires, you could consider a tummy tuck with or without umbilical reconstruction, depending on how happy you are with your native belly button.  An umbilical float allows your belly button to be anchored back to the fascia creating an 'inny' but if it is excessively wide, you may want to consider removing your belly button, leaving a vertical scar above your mons and then reconstructing the belly button at a level you will be happy with.  Circumferential tightening where purse-string sutures are used are unpredictable and I do not recommend them.  Discuss this with your doctor and allow them to help you through the decision process.

Curtis Wong, MD

Your Belly Button can be fixed.

+1

To fix your Belly Button, you will need a tummy tuck.  One of the reasons your belly button looks like that is because your muscles have separated.  They need to be sewn back together.  Your skin needs to be tightened as well.  When this is done properly, it can look very natural.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Umbilicoplasty

+1

As an isolated procedure, improvement in your belly button is a challenge given its width and size. It will likely take two stages of a circumferential umbilicoplasty reduction to get the best shape and scar result. It is also important to make sure there is not an underlying umbilical hernia which may need to be fixed at the same time.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Umblicoplasty to correct your defect/ umbilicoplastia para corregir el defecto

+1

you are in good  shape, the first question will be to explore you in order to check if could exsists an umbilicus herniae, if not then easealy corrected with refilling the under fat lost with your own fat tissue and without  any scar taken form the love hangs.

estas en excelente forma, lo primeero es checar  si no exsiste una hernia umbilical si no exsiste entonces  se  rellenaria la grasa  subyacente con injerto de grasa  tomada de  ambas llantitas y sin cicatriz

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

#BellyButton Surgery

+1

From your photo, it appears that you would be a good candidate for a umbilicoplasty surgery. This will improve your belly button, but it seems that the stretch marks you have will likely partially remain since they are so extensive. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Umbilicus Stretched Out

+1

Depending on your desires, you would benefit from an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) or an umbilicoplasty, which would just focus on the belly button, but may not be able to correct all of your issues.  See a board-certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Donald Griffin, MD

Stretch out navel from pregancy will need to be surgically remade.

+1

The umbilicus in the picture bespeaks stretched and possibly even torn skin and deeper connective tissue.  A tummy tuck (abdominplasty) will fix the abdominal problem, eliminate excess skin and fat, and reconstruct a new navel.

Tummy Tuck (abdominopalsty) is an excellent option

+1

Hi there-

You may or may not have a hernia of your belly button area (umbilical hernia), but whether you do or not, a well-done tummy tuck would correct this as well as the shape of your belly and your belly button.

Visit a talented and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an examination and opinion.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS