Can Surgery Fix a Long Face?(photo)

I have a very long face and was thinking of possibly having corrective jaw surgery and a nose job. I have tmj and a deviated septum so I would work with the plastic surgery to also help those. I realize that surgery for a deviated septum does not change the look of your nose. I was wondering if you think those procedures could make my face not appear as long? I do not want to get fillers in my cheeks because I feel as though that would only make my head look larger. Thank you very much!

Rhinoplasty for Deviated Septum

+1

Many patients who have a deviated septum have either a septoplasty or rhinoplasty, to both help improve their appearance and nasal breathing. Some patients with chronically deviated septum, may also benefit from corrective jaw surgery too. Either the jaws are misaligned or the chin is small and recessed. Your potential surgeries should ideally be done separately. Keep in mind that after rhinoplasty your appearance may change sufficiently that you may not need or want further surgery. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can plastic surgeon or specialist help determine appropriate options. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty jaw surgery

+1

These two surgeries are not performed at the same time. Start with the rhinoplasty first and address all of the issues concerning  Your specific nose features. Reevaluate your facial features after the nose job. For patients   who have long  maxillary and cheek areas, we do consider small cheek implants to give more projection to the cheek, thus giving a more rounded facial appearance, not elongated. 

Rhinoplasty and jaw surgery for the long face.

+1

Rhinoplasty and jaw surgery for the long face should be separated and done by different surgeons in my opinion.The rhinoplasty is usually done first by a rhinoplasty specialist to give you a prettier nose but the jaw sugary is what you need for the facial length if it still bothers you after your rhinoplasty.