Surgery to Make Eyes More Visible? (photo)

Hello. Although person on the picture isn't me my situation is very similar to this woman - thin eyelids and livid skin mostly on the nasal bone line. I wish I could get rid of dark circles but I'm afraid after using fillers my eyes would be even less noticeable (as skin is a bit thicker after that). Would you still recommend some fillers in that case? I was also wondering if is possible to give impression that eyes are pushed more forward so they stand more from the rest of the face.

Surgery to Make Eyes More Visible?

+2

An upper eyelid surgery to remove a little skin and filler to the tear troughs would be the most economical and least invasive options available.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

lower blepharoplasty

+2

We do not recommend  fillers placed in the eyelids.  The primary goal of the lower blepharoplasty in a young patient such as this, would be to remove the fat bags causing the puffiness from a trans-conjunctival approach. If there is any excess skin noted after the fat  has been removed, then a small pinch technique incision is made at the  lash line and closed with Histocryl tissue glue. This will conservatively tighten up any excess skin on the lower lids. please see the link below for examples of a lower blepharoplasty in our practice

Cosmetic Plastic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+2

The patient in this photo has a youthful looking eyebrow and a slightly retracted position of the eye inside her bone structure. The lower lids just show mild prominence of her fat pads. In my experience, the lower lid surgey performed on the inside (transconjunctival) will help a young patient with a weak orbital septum. In the future, a brow lift will help, but it is too early to do now. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Options

+2

Personally, I feel that the upper eyelids/brow of the person in this photo is quite youthful and attractive. However, some patients my prefer a slightly higher arched brow, or a bit more of the upper eyelid platform showing [see link below]. So either a subtle endoscopic browlift, OR a very conservative upper lid blepharoplasty is an option.

For your lower eyelids, a fat reposition blepharoplasty would be the other option to a filler.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have options here.

+2

There are several options to make the eyes pop a bit more.  One option is a carefully performed endoscopic forehead lift to create an improved shape to the eyebrows.  An anchor blepharoplasty can also brighten the eye appearance.  For the lower eyelid, it might be that for this all you need is under eye filler.  Other options include a lower blepharoplasty possibly with a chemical peel.  Remember these are suggestions.  There is no substitute for an actual in person consultation.  Get several opinions.  Good luck.

Facial Fillers May not be the Simple Answer.

+1

It's hard to give a confident recommendation without seeing your photo instead of the one you submitted.

Generally speaking, your issues are many and need to be very carefully evaluated.  Dark circles occur because of darkening of the skin itself or fat protrusions from the lower eyelids or some flattening or thinning of the skin underneath the eyelids underneath the eye sockets. Only thorough a consultation could I make recommendations.  Fillers can be helpful and even some eye bleach cream can be helpful.

Regarding the position of the eyes versus the nose and other facial features: please understand there is no way the eyes could be drawn more forward. When one is unhappy the eyes are not more visible -- due to being set deeply -- Mother Nature unfortunately will not give up that relationship.

Consult thoughtfully with the most specialized surgeons in your community.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD

Lower Eyelids

+1
The lower eyelid issues in the photo are related to lack of midface and lower eyelid support. A lower blepharoplasty with midface support and augmentation would help. Fillers can help to camouflage the problem, but will not resolve it. Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your eyelids likely can be improved.  It is difficult to tell you exactly what you need because this is not your photo, and although the situation may look the same to you, the causes may be different.  Please see an experienced eyelid surgeon for recommendations.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon