Surgery to Make Eyes Look Asian?

Now I know there are operations to make eyes look more western, but I am very interested in an oriental exotic look. Im an african american male and would like more slanted eyes. My goal would be for them to resemble Tyson Beckford's. Would canthopexy or canthoplasty make this possible? I'd also like the puffiness removed from my upper eye lid.

Make Eyes Look Asian

+2

Not a good idea, but I'm sure you can find a surgeon to TRY to achieve the desire effect. I Hope!!!! Be careful out there, yiu may get something that will cause a bad effect. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Surgery to make eyes look Asian not recommended

+1

It is unwise to make African American male eyelids look slanted or Asian. The puffiness on the uppers or lowers can be removed through an upper or lower blepharoplasty. The puffiness is caused from excess fat and this can be removed through the upper eyelid crease.  

Extraordinary caution is advised here!

+1

Hi Mike

Changing that outer canthal angle especially when combined with a midface lift can cause you to look like a freak.  I would strongly recommend that you be very careful in pursuing this goal.  No doubt that you will find a surgeon willing to take on your surgical request.  Tyson Beckford is an unusually attractive human being with actual chinese ancestry explaining some of his exotic looks.  Capturing this type of look surgically is most likely to be a very unsatisfactory exercise.  Surgeons you speak with should also screen you to see if you have body dysmorphic disorder which might also complicate your adjustment to the results of any surgical procedures.

Making eyelids look more Asian

+1

Most good surgeons would first be interested in why you want an "oriental exotic look." Cosmetic surgery should never be done to make someone look "exotic." Either way, the likelihood of such a procedure turning out well is very close to zero...so close to zero that I'm sure most surgeons would turn that request down.

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon