Surgery To Fix Over-Exposed Nostrils and Short Nose. Have I Messed Up The Results?

i am four days out of surgery to lengthen my short Asian nose, correct over-exposed nostril holes, and sharpen the tip. my surgeon used ear+septal cartilage. Horrors, i accidentally picked one of my nostrils with my pinkie, and overnight, that particular nostril wing dropped by 2 mm . does it have something to do with possible tearing or detachment of the cartilage that the doctor inserted in my nostril wing to correct over-exposed nostrils?btw,will flaring nostrils be detrimental?

Probably OK, but see your surgeon

+1

In all likelihood, especially if the change seemed to occur overnight and assuming that there was no accompanying bleeding, you are probably OK.  It is hard to move things inside, even soon after surgery.  However, each of the surgeons advising you to be very careful and follow instructions is also right.  Ask your surgeon.  Only he or she knows what was done.  Good luck.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Pick Your Friends, Pick Your Nose, Can't Pick Your Friend's Nose

+1

Hi Fresh Out,

There is an old rhinoplasty saying that goes something like, "You can pick you rhinoplasty surgeon, but you can't pick your nose right after surgery", especially when delicate implants have been placed.  See your rhinoplasty surgeon asap.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Finger in nose 2 days after Rhinoplasty

+1

Please call and go in to see the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty ASAP to evaluate your nose. 

+1

It is possible you have loosened a stitch or two. Usually it is hard to cause too much damage. Follow up with your surgeon to determine if anything needs to be done.     Dr. Tavoussi

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Protect your nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Protecting your nose and following instructions is key to your result the first week after rhinoplasty. The splint, taping, drip dressing, are all there to reduce swelling, shape and protect the nose during the first and most critical week of healing. All surgeons have experienced patients who push the envelope or do not comply well with instructions. At best let your surgeon take a look.

peterejohnsonmd

Potential Complication of AUGMENTATION Nose Job

+1

Without being able to examine you much less see several good quality photographs it is impossible to assure you that nothing happened or that you may have undone something surgeon did.  We tell every patient NOT to pick their nose after nose surgery either by hand or with any other object as this may open the incisions and in some cases extend the unclean nose environment to the operated area including grafts.

I would strongly recommend you see your surgeon, tell him what happened and have him examine you. He will be able to advise you better than anyone here.

Dr. Peter A Aldea