Surgery Dec 20! Go to D or C? 41y 155# 4'11" 34G/H/I (Dep on Bra) Hips 45" Waist 32? (photo)

Mom(73,36D,4'9)has horrible back problems-wishes she reduced Sis(44,130#)reduced twice 32DD then D Aft babies is C wishes was more proportional. I'm always a 34. Was 135# then grad school+antideprsnt w/weight side effects & hit 165#.Off GS&AD for 5mths & weight coming off PS said 600-700g to ~D Said little more or less doesn't matter: smaller=less tissue=less grams removed from chest. Will C cut more grams? Don't want constant pain or lose curves/proportion. Do my lbs matter?

Breast Reduction Concerns?

+2

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. It will likely be in your best interest to reach a long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with the surgery.
Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup”  means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Many of my patients request that we do our best to remove as much tissue as possible to alleviate symptoms while maintaining enough tissue to remain “proportionate”.

Breast reduction

+1

A breast reduction  is a great way to reduce the overall volume of the breasts as well as lift them and reduce the size of the areola. As for you specific concerns, it is best to address these with your surgeon.

Questions about breast reduction surgery

+1

Thank you for the questions and the photos. Your questions are best addressed directly with your plastic surgeon before surgery. In general, the more breast tissue removed the smaller the cup size, and better outcome in terms of your back pain. The surgery has some tradeoffs. less tissue removed may maintain better body balance in terms of shape but you may continue to have back problems. 

I think you have valid concerns and you need to address these concerns in detail with your plastic surgeon.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD