Surgery/Cost for Unbalanced/tilted Face & No Chin? (photo)

1. I have an unbalanced face. Seems to be tilted to one side (left side of nose, lips) 2. The area under my lower lips is protruded, as well as "walnut" in the chin area when I close my mouth. A bit of teeth shows when I close my lips naturally. I think that all has to do with the fact that I have no chin. I'm guessing it's related to a fact that I have had an open mouth (I can't close my mouth without meaning to do so; constantly have to worry about keeping my mouth closed in daily life)

Surgery/Cost for Unbalanced/tilted Face & No Chin?

+2

Based on the photos provided, a chin augmentation with a chin implant has the ability to balance the profile and entire face.  I have used Chin Implants to do so for over 25 years.

Sliding Genioplasty for Short Chin with Mentalis Muscle Strain

+2

You have a short chin and a mentalis muscle strain. This is ideally treated by a sliding genioplasty which brings the chin bone and the attached muscle forward. This would go a long way towards improving your facial balance. There are other issues such as a lower eye and cheek bone on one side but your chin is the more significant and most improveable facial feature.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

You Need An Evaluation Of Your Bite

+2

You have imbalance of you face and specifically a "weak jaw".  A weak jaw can be due to a couple of reasons:

1)  Mis-alignment of your bite.  (Underbite)

2)  Small chin bone

3)  Combination of both

If you have problems 1 or 3 then you may need jaw surgery to re-align your bite and bring your chin forward.  If you have problem 2, a small chin bone, then you can either have a chin implant place or have surgery to bring the chin forward.  In this situation, I think it is easier for the patient to have a chin implant then to have surgery.  

I hope this helps

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face balance question

+2

You appear to have concerns about your facial area and based on your photos you may have a significant maxillofacial imbalance. Jaw surgeries to correct this are usually performed by oral surgeons in concert with orthodontic treatment. I would look for an oral surgeon who performs orthognathic surgery. Good Luck>

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Your weak chin is your priority

+1

You need an extended chin implant of about 12mm in the midline. That alone will give you a big improvement. Nabil Fanous, MD

Nabil Fanous, MD
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Costs for an advancement genioplasty go around 6K depending on what part of the country you are.

+1

Its difficult to see from the pictures  you submitted, if you have a significant facial asymetry. Now that being said,  all of us have some slight diffrence between our left and right side. But I agree, in that you have a weak chin and would benefit from a advancement genioplasty or implant, if your occlusion is ok (how you teeth line up). I am concerned that you mentioned that you can't keep your mouth closed while at rest, so its important that you get evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you determine, if you would beneficit from orthognactic surgery , in which your mandible or upper maxilla are moved forward to improve your occlusion and facial symmetry .

Ricardo Castrellon, MD