Will Surgery Correct my Lazy Eye? And Will my Lid Close and Open Normally?

I am 16 years old and I was dignosed with a lazy eye when I was a lot younger. I'm not sure what it is exactly called but my brain favorites one eye more and it tends to make the muscle to my eye weaker and my eye lid gets smaller. It's my biggest insecurity and would love to correct it when I'm old enough but I want to know if there is any risk or will it make a difference?

Lazy Eye can mean two different things.

+1

The term "lazy eye" can be used to describe two different conditions:

1. A droopy eyelid

2. Crossed eyes

You need to be evaluated by an Oculoplastics Surgeon or a Pediatric Ophthalmologist. They can determine the difference and tell you what you need.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lazy Eye

+1

There are several different types of surgery that can be performed for the "Lazy Eye" syndrome.  It is important to obtain the correct cause or diagnosis of your problem and then find a qualified surgical Ophthalmologist to help you.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon