Do I Need Surgery or Continue Chest Workout to Reduce my Breast Fat? (photo)

I have gynecomastia since the age of 22 and now I am 29 please see the fresh photos of my chest and kindly advice shall I go for surgery or continue my chest workout? I am going to gym since 2 months and doing hard workout for chest regularly. Your kind advice will be very helpful. Best Regards Johny

Surgery or not

+2

Honestly I would exhaust all alternatives before deciding on surgery. Surgery should only be used if all other means fail and it appears to me that you are having good results with workouts. Continue to work out and if you are happy with the results I would not embark on surgery. Best of luck to you and keep up the good work!

Peoria Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Surgery or Continue Chest Workout to Reduce my Breast Fat?

+2

My BEST advise is to obtain ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. Than you can determine a surgical course of action. 

Chest Workout or Surgery?

+2

Generally speaking, always best to avoid surgical intervention (and the potential risk/complications associated with surgery) if at all possible. If you are generally "OK"  with the appearance of your chest wall, I would suggest that you continue to do what you are doing with your exercise and healthy diet.

Workouts Are Working

+2

Thank you for your photos.  I would continue to workout. It appears that the gym is working well for you.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Gynecomastia will usually not improve with just diet and exercise

+2

If you have true gynecomastia then it will not go away with diet and exercise.  You may be able to tell if the condition is due to excess fat or breast tissue.  Breast tissue will feel glandular and fibrotic and not homogeneous like fat.  

+2

I am not sure that I see a great indication for surgery, but liposuction could decrease the apparent look of the chest contours.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Gynecomastia Treatment

+2

Gynecomastia is characterized by enlarged breast tissue and affects an astonishing 40 to 60% of men. Fortunately, the condition is easily reversed with liposuction just by making a small incision under the nipple. It is now possible to reduce the size of the breast using virtually scarless technique.  Through a small incision around the nipple  Liposuction with ultrasound and  fine laser beams liquefy the fat and glandular tissue recontouring the breastaround the areola and from the sides and bottom of the breasts. Because liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten, a smooth contour after fat is removed is possible.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Will Working Out Change Gynecomastia ?

+1

Gynecomastia (male breast enlargement) can be the result of a variety of causes, but most of the time no cause is found. Being overweight can cause gynecomastia,but if you are of normal weight for your frame, more exercise will not make gynecomastia go away.  Gynecomastia surgery can be liposuction only , or it liposucion may be combined with a small incision to remove extra gland. An in person consultation would be helpful to see what your choices are.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Only surgery will correct gynecomastia.

+1

Hi.

This is one of those things where diet and exercise do not help.  In fact, upper body work out makes your pecs bigger and can make gynecomastia look worse (bigger).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Should I have surgery for gynecomastia?

+1

By definition, gynecomastia is not something that can be "fixed" with exercise, diet or weight loss.  Having said that, not all gynecomastia has to be fixed.  The decision to have surgery for gynecomastia depends purely on how much this bothers you.  This would be the same as telling a woman she doesn't "need" breast implants.  If your chest bothers you, then speak to a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the treatment of gynecomastia and who can examine you and explain to you what the potential benefits and risks of this procedure are.  Together, you can make an informed decision.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon