Why is Surgery So Much Cheaper Outside of the Us (In DR and Mexico)?

I just do not understand why surgery is so much cheaper outside of the US. Why is it? Is it a lower overhead? Cheaper materials ? The difference in price is so enormous that I just can't wrap my mind around the reason.

+2

Operating expenses are the main determinant.  If you have a complication following surgery, you do not really have a recourse.   There are plastic surgeons in the US who have reasonable prices as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA