Can Surgery Change Your Eye Shape?

i feel my eyes are slightly too small and high up in my face, so i wondered can you have surgery to cut below the lower eyelid to shape them bigger and more round? im not sure if thats possible because of scars?

Making eyes "bigger"

+1

Although what you are describing is possible, it is very unusual and not recommended to lower your lower eyelids.  On ther other hand, it is much more common to lift the upper eyelids.  I can't say much more without looking at your photo or examine you.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Changing shape is possible...

+1

Yes, we can do surgery in a variety of different ways that will alter the shape or size appearance of the eyes. The question is...can this be done in a natural way that leaves you looking better than you do now.

If you post photos, we can give you a better recommendation regarding surgery.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery is not meant to make your eyes bigger, but it might give this illusion.

+1

No, we really don't have a way to make your eyes look bigger without risking not having enough tissue for you to close your lids.  However, if you have bags or extra loose skin, correcting that problem can give the favorable illusion of bigger eyes.  Check out patient D.S. an others on my website if you want to see how this works.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Bigger rounder eyes.

+1

This could work to make the eyes rounder looking but would impair function and look unnatural. Surgery is usually not done for what you want.  

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon