Can Surgery Change the Look of my Nose? (photo)

I have always had a bulbous tip and I hate the look of it from the side, because the end turns up, and the frontal view it too wide.

Should I get my nose done? (photo)

+4

The profile of your nose is very feminine and beautiful. PLEASE DON'T CHANGE IT!  The slightly upturned tip with nice "supratip break" is graceful, and matches your other  very beautiful features.  If you want it refined a bit, i.e. slightly more narrow from the front, smaller tip and more narrow base, FINE, go ahead.  You are very attractive, and need to find a surgeon who understands the need for finesse... in your case, in my opinion, less is more. 

Changing bulbous tip

+3

There are a few ways to narrow the width of your tip to decrease the bulbosity there. Check out my link below to find out more about this type of rhinoplasty surgery.

Your tip doesn't appear too upturned from the photos you're showing. This assessment is also based on your hieght, however, so if you're taller than average it may be that less tip rotation would work well.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

+2

Your tip could definitely be improved if you want the tip to be less bulbous.  Good luck in finding a plastic surgeon near you who can do the surgery.

Can surgery change my nose?

+2

Most definitely. You are a great rhinoplasty candidate and would see nice change in tip refinement and position. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the very bulbous tip.

+2

A rhinoplasty can definitely give you a more narrow and harmonious nasal tip. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Surgery to refine bulbous nose tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure can narrow the nasal bones, narrow the tip, and reduce and refine a bulbous tip by removing or suturing tip cartilages together.  If the tip of the nose is upturned this can be pushed downward through different tip techniques and grafting procedures.  The rhinoplasty is done as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia and takes between 1-2 hours to perform.

Surgery for Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

Your nasal tip can definitely be improved and refined with rhinoplasty surgery by repositioning and trimming the tip cartilages. It appears that a tip-plasty is all you need.

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Your desire to change the bulbous tip of your nose is one of the areas in which rhinoplasty surgery works so well.  Through an open approach, the tip cartilages can be reshaped in a very predictable and symmetric manner to improve the bulbous tip. While swelling after surgery will take some time to eventually see how the tip cartilages have been changed, you should do well with this type of surgery. Have some computer imaging done beforehand so you can have a realistic vision of what can be done.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty certainly will change the look of your nose

+1

To get an idea of the potential from rhinoplasty find a surgeon in your area who can do computer simulation studies to show you how you might look. Rhinoplasty can certainly improve the nose.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson MD