Surgery on Burn Mark on Forehead? (photo)

I really want to get rid of this horrible scar which looks like some sort of alien mark. It's a burn mark which I had since childhood. It's on my forehead. I want to know what type of help is out there to try and remove this? Can surgery fix this? I heard burn marks are harder to get rid of. I am desperate to remove this from my forehead. Please help, any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Options for treatment of a forehead scar - Melarase cream vs. surgery

+1

This forehead scar can be treated conservatively with Melarase cream to reduce darkening, or can be treated with surgical excision to remove the indentation and scar. 

Lasers for scar revision

+1

I would have to respectfully disagree with the post below. If you cut this scar out, you will be trading it for another scar. Lasers can be used to help blend and improve the appearance of this scar. I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist who has advanced training in lasers given these devices were largely developed by dermatologists.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar revision

+1

The best option for this scar will be to have it cut out and stitched neatly as a small straight line. Laser / dermabrasion / fillers etc. are not appropriate for this.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon