Surgery on Just Bulbous Tip or Full Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have a fairly large nose, the main issue is the bulbous tip. It is not in proportion with the rest of my face, has a slightly redder hue than the rest of my facial skin and has very large, visible pores. Would just a tip refinement procedure make a large difference or would a full rhinoplasty make more sense? Also is the recovery time much different between just having tip refinement done versus a full rhinoplasty?

Bulbous nose tip

+1

Best to perform a full rhinoplasty which could be done closed.  In addition to reducing the bulbous  tip, de-projecting the tip and adjusting the profile to match the new tip will need to be done to give a balanced result .  

Full rhino vs tiplasty

+1

I think that a full rhinoplasty is best in most of the cases. This way, the entire nose can be more balanced and proportioned. In your case, there is a small hump and the bridge can be improved on the front view. The tip, as you stated, can be defined and rotated a little bit.Good luck!

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Full Rhinoplasty vs Correction of Bulbous Tip

+1

I suggest that you have a full rhinoplasty; recovery will be little longer but the result will be a lot better. You should correct the asymmetrical, bulbous tip and reduce the tip projection in addition to improving the nasal profile and asymmetry. The result will last a lifetime; do a little more at this time.

Tip or Full Rhinoplasty Recommendation

+1

Based on your photos, I would recommend a full open rhinoplasty to reshape the tip and bridge area. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty advise

+1

Good question. I would suggest a full rhinoplasty. One word of caution. It appears that your nostril are a bit weak and might have a tendency to collapse. You probably need alar rim grafts in addition to whatever else you discuss with your surgeon. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You probably need a full rhinoplasty to balance it properly. As for the pore size, lasers may help.  Good luck.

Do the whole nose

+1

You will get a better result by doing the full procedure.  You need to have the structures of the bridge adjusted to make it look right.  You already feel like your nose is too big so by doing the full nose you can make the necessary changes.

The issues of the color and pores of the skin will have to wait until after the rhinoplasty to correct.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+1

you appear to need a full rhinoplasty to achieve your goals. You are overprojected relative to your lip and bridge and have a lot of asymmetry as well. Try to visualize your nose as a whole, not isolated parts when you go for your consultation.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty versus Rhinoplasty?

+1

I would absolutely recommend a full rhinoplasty. The tip, bridge, and even internal nose are all intimately related. You have some asymmetries and prominences of the bridge (dorsum) and to not do anything to those and correct a very large bulbous tip would be unnatural in its result.  To create a balanced harmonious appearance, I would recommend allowing your surgeon to balance your nasal tip shape with subtle but clearly defined changes to your bridge. I have found that when a nasal tip is over projected, droopy,  asymmetric, and bulbous then focusing only on the tip is impossible.  You want a natural results. Do not sell your nose short!

Good luck and always choose a nose specialist while being prepared to travel.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD