Can I Get Surgery on Asymmetrical Eyes?

I've noticed that my right eye is very different then my left In pictures I notice it more. This is something that bothers me very much and want to get Surgery if it is possible.

Assymetrical eyes

+1

Chance are you can get it corrected.Just what would need to be doen requires a photo.i would schedule a consult and see what can be doen.a

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Eyes

+1

The appearance of asymmetrical eyes can usually be improved.  What needs to be done will depend on the underlying cause of your condition.  Is it due to a difference in the bones of your eye socket (orbit), the muscles of your eyelids, or the skin and fat?  Often a loose muscle attachment causes ptosis, drooping of the upper eyelid.  Or there can be more excess skin and fat on one side.  Each specific condition would require a different approach, some more and some less involved.  The most important thing is to get a thorough evaluation by a surgeon who specializes in the eyes and the periorbital area.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Asymmetric eyes

+1

A photo is necessary to assess your problem.  Eyelid asymmetry is typically due to asymmetric upper eyelid ptosis (droopy), although there may be other causes.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eye surgery

+1

The answer is yes. . .most likely.  It really depends on the cause of the asymmetry; such as a droopy eyelid (ptosis) or an orbit that is deep with an eye that is low-set or posteriorly positioned.  In any case get several consults with experienced Facial Plastic or Oculoplastic surgeons.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery for asymmetrical eyes.

+1

I'm not sure if your issue is with the eyeball itself or the eyelids.  Frequently, people are not symmetric from side to side on the eyelids and the face in general.  I'm not sure what specifically is the issue with your asymmetry, but eyelid surgery is commonly done on eyelids that are not the same to try and make them more symmetric.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon