Surgery After Ultherapy?

Hi, I have Ultherapy scheduled for next week (very exited), and it just happened that I have to have a shoulder surgery performed in a couple of weeks (and was told that I will be put to sleep during the surgery). Would the anesthesia used for the shoulder surgery affects the effectiveness of Ultherapy or collagen-building in any way? Thank you for your feedback.

Ulthera in Santa Monica

+3

Ulthera will not be adversely affected by anesthesia during your shoulder surgery. Ulthera is a non surgical lifting procedure for the neck, brows, and face. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

General anesthesia for unrelated surgery will not interfere with prior Ultherapy's results

+2

Collagen production won't be prevented by having sedation or general anesthesia. The Ultherapy you had should continue to help produce new collagen despite your shoulder surgery. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Orthopedic surgery after Ultherapy

+2
I am aware of no data to suggest that surgery in another area or anesthesia for that matter will have any effect (beneficial or detrimental) on any Ultherapy treatment. The mechanisms of actions of these different processes should have no bearing on one another.  Rest assured that you can certainly undergo your shoulder surgery without any compromise to the effect of your Ultherapy treatment. Best of luck with everything.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and General Anesthesia

+1
Ultherapy outcomes are not adversely affected by general anesthesia. Just like anesthesia is not likely to reduce collage production after surgical procedures (gallbladder, hernia, face lift, etc etc), anesthesia is not likely to reduce collage stimulation after Ultherapy. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon