Do I Need Surgery to Achieve my Goal of Having a Flat Abdomen? (photo)

After giving birth this is how my abdomen looks. Do I need surgery to have a flat abdomen with no love handles or back fat? 118lb 5'0ft what kind of surgery would be best for me? I am concerned that if I need a tummy tuck I will end up with an ugly looking scar and I want to look as natural as possible. Im also afraid that if I just diet and exercise I will end up with saggy skin. Would a diet and exercise be enough to get back into shape? What are my options? Surgical and Nonsurgical? Cost?

Ways to achieve a flat abdomen

+1

How long ago did you give birth?...do you plan to have more children?...patients at their ideal body weight and in the best physical shape get the best results...it is unlikely that your skin will shrink more on its own if you gave birth several months ago...you will likely  need some type of skin removal to get a flat tummy without wrinkling....however, I would not recommend a tummy tuck if you are planning to have more children.

Maui Plastic Surgeon

How to Get a Flat Tummy?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.

The first step to achieve a flat tummy would be to continue with your diet and exercise program.  After you reach your long term stable weight, a tummy tuck may be the best option for you.  In general, patients who have had children usually have separated abdominal muscles as well as redundant skin/adipose tissue both of which can be corrected during the abdominoplasty surgery.

Be careful with heavily marketed, non-surgical modalities. I do not believe these will be helpful in achieving your goals.

When the time is right, make sure you are visiting with well experienced plastic surgeons who can show you many examples of their work.

Good Luck!