Surgery 5-29-12 What Could Be Going on After a Rear End Car Accident at 45mph Hit Me?

Had lift and 550cc silecone implants. Left had been giving me some problems with shape and is still slightly higher. I was feeling about 80% at week 8 6-24 except for still having spasms. On 8-1-12 is when I got rear ended and almost immidietly started feeling pain everywhere on my left side including my breast. Now it's worse, every time I try to pick something up I have to hold breast because it feels like its gonna fall out. It's moving anytime I use muscle and pain. My PS said not rupture.

Car Accident after Breast Augmentation

+2

I am sorry to hear of your accident.

I find implants are very difficult to rupture from blunt trauma.  My two concerns are a tear in your breast capsule and a small hematoma.   Close followup and observation is recommended to monitor this.    

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery!!!

Dr. Gill

Rear End Car Accident -pain in left side

+2

You note that there is pain over all the left side including the breast. That leads me to suspect a soft tissue injury, perhaps related to seat belt position during the accident.

It would make sense that the injured pectoral muscle will be aggravated all the more by the relatively fresh surgery. If your plastic surgeon feels there is no implant injury or hematoma, the expectation is that this will resolve. Anti-inflammatory medicines may help. If the symptoms remain troublesome, a visit to your primary physician would be in order. 

Thanks and best wishes.