Possible Surgeries? Nose Has Slight Bump. (photo)

My nose has a slight bump on it that makes the overall shape weird in addition to being bent slightly to the side. I think it's also positioned too high on my face, but it might just look bad because of my really thin lips (I want to fix that too). Then there's the fact that I don't really have any nosewings either. Could all or some of these things be fixed? I've gotten to a point where I avoid going out because of how I look and it's time to do something about it.

Rhinoplasty and possible chin implant

+1

A rhinoplasty can be performed to shave down a small hump on the nose, slightly de- project  the nose and narrow the tip and bridge. It will also straighten any asymmetries where it may be bent to the side. A chin implant  should also be considered, which will give the nose a less prominent appearance.

Bump on Nose

+1

Sometimes we all can get caught up on how we look in the mirror. It is normal that we detail ourselves on issues that we clearly see but no one else does. Yes, you have a small bump on your nose and your tip could be refined slightly. You do not have a "bad" nose but if you want it improved so that when you see it in the mirror, you like what you see, then that is perfectly fine.  Suttles changes can be very satisfying if your concerns are appropriate.

Scott R. Brundage, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for refinement of tip, narrowing width and bump removal.

+1

Rhinoplasty for refinement of tip, narrowing width and bump removal can improve your nose. You may benefit from a chin implant as well. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Possible Surgeries? Nose Has Slight Bump.

+1

The tip can be refined and the bump can be removed to improve the overall balance of the nose.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I've gotten to a point where I avoid going out because of how I look

+1

Greetings, actually there are some characteristics of your nose and physiognomy that can be worked to achieve more harmony and better results from the aesthetic point of view, but I worry about the fact that you're so  affected about this until the point that  is affecting your entire life.  In general terms your nose and your anatomical   features  are within the normal and standard parameters, I think you should be first  evaluated by a psychologist  rather than by a plastic surgeon, good luck

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Probably needs psychologic counseling before rhinoplasty.

+1

There are some features of the nose that might benefit from surgical correction. However, the overall appearance of the nose is pretty good and the fact that any modest imperfection keeps you from going out suggests you might want to see a professional for psychologic counseling.

Facial Enhancement

+1

All of your concerns can be addressed (nasal hump, lip enhancement) to enhance your appearance.  A personal consultation is recommended to discuss your concerns in more detail.  Please do not let these concerns affect your going out and seeing others.  You have beautiful features and some slight enhancements may help you feel less self conscious about your concerns.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Relevance of a Good Looking Nose

+1

Your nose can be narrowed and improved, your lip can be shortened, and your chin augmented to improve facial proportions but please do not let these unwanted facial characteristics compromise your entire life. Do not stay in your home to avoid personal and professional contacts - what a waste! Despite what I do everyday helping people improve their appearance, put this in perspective. Best of Luck.