How Much Time Should I Allow Between BBL and then a TT with Breast Lift/Augmentation?

hi, I need a full tummy tuck(most probably), breast lift and maybe implants with that lift, also i would like to have a brazilian butt lift. now cant do all these together for many many reasons. now if do the BBL first how many months do i have to wait to do the lift/aug and then the tummy tuck? also what is the max amount of time to be under general to be safe?? thanks for your answers very much apperciate all of them.

Sequencing Brazilian Butt Lift with Breast Surgery and a Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi there-

Because to some extent the outcome of your Brazilian Butt Lift will depend on the amount of fat available, and because as a tummy tuck is a more invasive procedure, I would always recommend doing the BBL first.

Once you've healed and your swelling has subsided (3 months), you could pursue your tummy tuck and your breast surgery. I would never do either a breast enhancement procedure or a tummy tuck on the same day as a BBL, because lying on your new breasts or tummy (in order to avoid lying on your new bottom) will hurt and might compromise your outcome. On the other hand, because your breasts and your tummy are on the same side of your body, there is no problem doing them on the same day.

The length of the operation absolutely affects its safety, and this cannot be denied. There are now many well-done studies proving that the longer an operation is, the greater the risk of multiple complications, including some very serious ones. While there is no magic number, and to some extent the risks depend on your health and the details of your surgery, most of these studies and experienced surgeons agree that if your operation is longer than 6 hours your risks are higher and you should probably spend the night in the facility for optimal monitoring and management of your early postoperative course.

This is one of the points that most patients do not completely understand, but that can affect their safety and outcome significantly. Your choice of surgeon will affect all of these details because some surgeons are more efficient than others- make sure that your safety is always your highest priority and that what you are told is what is in your best interests and not just in the best interests of your surgeon.

The procedures you are contemplating are wonderfully transformative, and have a very high rate of patient satisfaction- but all of them are surgery after all, and you are right to be asking these questions.

Safety in Plastic surgery

+1

These are great questions that come up often. There is no safe exact amount of time under anesthesia where patients start to have more systemic complications.  BBL patients typically don't have medical conditions (that's what can raise the incidence of problems).  The best way I do this combination is the BBL with the lift.  Then 3 mos layer the TT and BI.  Another option may be the BBL then everything else about 3 mos later.  Best Wishes

Ricardo A. Meade, MD