What Surgeries Would You Recommend to Balance out my Nose, Upper Lip, and Chin? (photo)

I underwent a rhinoplasty a year ago to remove a small bump. This made my nose look nicer, however my surgeon also pointed out to me that my nose was too big for my chin. This has been bothering me ever since because it's very true. My nose sticks out too far and my chin doesn't stick out far enough. Also, my upper lip looks weird to me from the side and I don't know what I could possibly do about that. As doctors, what would you recommend I undergo to balance out all these features? Thanks!

Balancing nose, upper lip, and chin

+1

Performing a chin implant will help to de-project the nose adding more facial balance.  When a patient has a retrusive chin, a nose automatically looks larger.  The chin augmentation can be performed under local anesthesia and takes approximately 30 minutes to perform.  Implants are composed of silastic and inserted through a ½ inch incision underneath the chin.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for Improved facial balance. facial appearance.

+1

A chin implant with contouring of the chin bone combined with a revision of your nose would be best. The photos are not perfect but the tip looks like it has dropped below your bridge line.

Nasal-Chin Balance

+1

You likely have some facial skeletal imbalance, but with additional nasal surgery to turn up your tip a small amount, a small chin implant (emphasize small---you don't want to masculinize your lower face), and possibly some filler to the upper lip, I think that you would be quite satisfied.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose-lip-chin balance

+1

A few observations based on your photos:

Your nasal tip is under-rotated, meaning that your profile view would look better if the angle between the nose and the upper lip was less acute.

The upper lip seems small as compared to the lower lip.  The lower lip also protrudes further than the upper lip on the profile.  This may be improved with an injectable filler or an upper lip implant.  If there are any orthognathic issues, correction of those may help re-establish proper lip proportions.

Your chin is slightly weak on the profile view and also looks slightly asymmetric on the frontal view.  I guess chin implant may be an option, but I would defer this recommendation until you get a formal face to face examination.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Recommendations

+1

It is all about balance and proportions!  Your chin implant can be reviewed and a revision rhinoplasty should be discussed.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

You could have immense help with the chin with Peralne filler.

+1

Perlane, a long lasting hyaluronic acid filler, has proven to be an extremely reliable filler for chin volume.  Without surgery, you can easily have 1 to 2 years of treatment benefit from an office filler service for this area.  Is this filler better than a chin implant.  It is my opinion that there is no comparison.  Chin implants are fixed and provide limited potential for chin augmentation.  Fillers provide much more organic volume options.  I would advise you to be care regarding lip volume.  Subtle lip volume, yes.  Too much lip volume will make you look clownish or worse.