Ask a doctor

Recommended Surgeries for a Trans-woman to Attain an Hourglass Figure?

So I am a skinny trans girl that is looking to change my body into a more female shape. I am looking at butt implants for a better butt and hip implants. I have found no doctor that does this procedure. I prefer to do these in the United States. I do not want to do silicone injections as they are sitting there in liquid form and have no pocket to live in. ANy suggestions?

Doctor Answers (1)

Hourglass figure in transgender


As far as I know there are no such things as hip implants. For buttock augmentation I prefer free fat injection. If there is no fat elsewhere on the body to harvest as in your case your only option is a buttock implant or injection of sculptra filler. The injection of filler is off lable use and can be a more expensive option than surgery depending on the number of bottles required. Somehow I cannot picture just increasing buttock hip size as a way to achieve an hourglass figure. It seems to me that would create a pear shape instead.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.