Two Surgeries Under General Anesthetics Within 2 Months Time?

As mentioned above, is it dangerous to have two surgeries under general anesthetics within two months time? One was wisdom teeth removal and the other is going to be a lipo procedure. Does general anesthetics affect brain functions such as memory lost? What are the short and long term effects? I am worried that having general anesthetics twice within a short time would double the negative effects on my brain if there are some. Thanks.

Neither surgery needs general anesthesia, so you are fine

+1

Neither surgery you mentioned requires general anesthesia, both are done under some sorf of sedation, depending on your doctor.  So don't worry, you can do both within 2 months time.  Just make sure you can take time off work after each to heal!

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Anesthesia

+1

It should probably not pose a problem to have undergone two procedures within a short time of each other and have anesthesia. Wisdom teeth removal is a fairly quick procedure.  I prefer to do lipo under sedation because I think it is more comfortable for the patient. In my opinion, if the patient is comfortable, then I can do my best work.

General anesthesia is not necessary for lipo

+1

Some procedures must be done under general anesthesia. Liposuction doesn't have to be done under general anesthesia. General anesthesia can have unintended consequences. I give advice to patients based on how I would proceed for myself. I intend to avoid general anesthesia personally, if there is an alternative without general anesthesia. And liposuction can be done safely with only local anesthesia.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Avoiding Gen. Anesthesia is usually the smart thing to do.

+1

General anesthesia is safer now-a-days than yrs ago.  Having said that, it is usually best to avoid taking un-necesary risks when you don't need to.  Many old-fashioned docs still use it in their practice but it is becoming less and less used for obvious reasons.  Trust your doc with what he advises.  He may be more comfortable doing your procedure that way.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon