Do I Need 2 Surgeries for Breast Lift?

I was told that I need to have two surgeries. After Mastopexy, 3 month later I need another surgery for adjustment around the fold of my breast, because my breast is sagging so bad. Is it impossible to fix my breast in just one surgery? Also I was told that I will need to have implant because my breast is so flat in the chest area and it will look un-nutural. Do you think it is impossible to lift the tissue up when I have Mastopexy? I don't want to have implant if possible.

Breast Implants and Lift. One vs. Two Stages

+2

If you do not want implants it is not required. You would have to accept less fullness in the upper pole as typically even the best mastopexies will not create the degree of fullness that an implant will.  If you opt not to have implants with the lift and later desire more fullness and outward projection,  implants can always be placed in a second stage. A single stage augmentation with a lift is also an option,  if you would rather have it all done in one procedure.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift/Augmentation Concerns?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast lifting surgery. Whether or not you will benefit from breast implants will depend on your specific goals. For example, if you are looking to achieve significant volume/fullness superiorly then breast augmentation may be helpful to achieve this goal.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

I would suggest that you meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals in person;  make sure you see lots of examples of his/her work to give you confidence that you will be able to achieve the results you are looking for.  communicative goals carefully;  I prefer the use of goal pictures to aid with this communication. This communication will allow your plastic surgeon to provide you with the best options to help achieve your goals.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

Great candidate for breast lift.

+2

I think that you would have a great result for a breast lift and do not need an implant if you do not want one.  This could be done in one operation.  The second procedure that your surgeon is talking about may be to revise the fold of skin that you sometimes get with the vertical scar (or lollipop) lift.  This second procedure could be avoided if you have a full anchor lift.

It sounds like you would benefit from getting an opinion from another plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

In our practice we are able to do both surgeries at the same time. We have another Certified Plastic surgeon help in this process to get you done in a timely manner. Having an implant placed would be a good solution to help fill up the empty space on top of your breast, giving you superior fullness. The lift required would be an anchor lift and a modest implant. Good luck, Make sure you see a Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Do I Need 2 Surgeries for Breast Lift?

+2

A good number of surgeons feel that it is safer to do a two stage operation if a combined enlargement and lift are complicated, particular if the lift procedure will be a full pattern incision lift, and it may be that that is the reason for your surgeon's recommendation. 

A lot will depend upon your preferences. If your breast size is adequate, a lift alone can be accomplished in one stage, though second "touch up" procedures may be recommended.Because of the nature of your question, you would do well go seek additional opinions from other plastic surgeons.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Breast lift requires only 1 operation

+1

Patients do not require 2 operations for a breast lift. There is a technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that gives you upper pole fullness (without needing an implant) by reshaping your existing tissue and anchoring high on your chest. This can all be done in 1 operation.  You have enough breast tissue and best of all enough excess skin to build the internal bra needed to maximize projection and longevity of your lift. I welcome you to view the before and after pics in my gallery.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy-How Many Surgeries ?

+1

Typically a straight forward mastopexy can be done in a single surgery. Of course, any revision would require additional surgery. When an implant is added to the mastopexy, many surgeons prefer to stage theses two procedures. The procedures are often staged because the mastopexy tends to make the breast smaller while the implant is making the breast larger.  Many surgeons feel this balance can be more safely achieved with better results in a two stage approach.

Middleton Plastic Surgeon