What Procedures Could Be Carried Out to Correct Meaty Legs?

I have meaty legs(my legs look like mischa bartons legs), my legs are big compared to the rest of my body and I have a pear shape so no matter how much weight I lose my legs will still be meaty looking i heard of liposuction but how can big calves and ankles be fix through liposuction? there not a lot of fat there

Liposuction for Calves and Ankles

+1

The answer to your question lies in the percentage of fat that you have in your leg or calf versus the percentage of muscle tissue that you have in the area. If you truly have mostly muscle, which can be determined during a physical exam by your board certified plastic surgeon, then lipo obviously will not diminish muscle mass nor would this be desirable. Lipo is effective in the leg and calf region if you have a significant amount of fatty tissue in these areas. An in-person evaluation will better answer your questions.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for fatty legs

+1

Liposuction is done by specialists for fatty accumulation of the lower legs, calves and ankles.  Healing is more prolonged in this location than upper body sites, with swelling lasting up to six months or more.  Risks of poor healing are also increased comparatively compared with upper body liposuction because of the differences in blood flow and oxygenation of the lower legs.  Some patients have hypertrophic muscles and not enough fat to warrant the procedure, but with an examination of a board-certified physician who performs liposuction a lot on the legs a determination can be made if you are a liposuction candidate.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Leg Liposuction

+1

Wtihout seeing pictures and / or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, legs liposuction is often a good treatment to reduce the size of the legs.  I would suggest seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

But how can big calves and ankles be fix through liposuction

+1

"Meaty" legs can often be corrected with liposuction.  I perform a lot of calf and ankle liposculpting, and get excellent results.  This area can be deceiving, and typically alot more fat can be removed than what you may think.  But you definately need to be evaluated to determine if you are a good candidate.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for calves and ankles

+1

I'm not familiar with Mischa Barton but I will Google her to see. I imagine a thick calf and ankle which some call 'cankles' with no definition between the two. Liposuction has been applied to the calf and ankle and you are right, there is not much fat there. Using a slender cannula and care subtle results will show after suctioning, though you must temper your expectations. Without care, dents are common so look for an experienced surgeon who does not give big promises.

peterejohnsonmd