Different Surgeons for Rino and the Jaw/chin augmentation

Hello, I would like to get rhinoplasty AND jaw/chin augmentation. I find myself in a situation where I like how one doctor performs their rhinos (slim and defining with good results) but is weak in performing jaw/chins and the other doctor is a craniofacial plastic surgeon who basically specializes in jaw/chin augmentation(and the results are very good) but is definitely not the surgeon I want for noses...what can I do?!! *(The weird thing is both of these doctors are in Boston MA)

Different surgeons for rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

The most important thing is to look for a surgeon who has performed thousands of chin implants and/or
rhinoplasty operations. Chances are the rhinoplasty surgeon does not do mandibular osteotomies. Most well
versed rhinoplasty surgeons can certainly place a chin implant and most facial plastic surgeons have done that
many times.

Different Surgeons for Rhinoplasty and Chin/Jaw Augmentation

+1

See if your surgeons will work together. Fortunately, they're both in Boston. If you must choose between them,  select the rhinoplasty surgeon; this is a much more difficult operation. There are many surgeons who do both very well.

Docs for nasal surgery and jawline refinement

+1

You have to go with your gut when you select cosmetic procedures.   So if your selection process brings you to different surgeons for each procedure, then stay with each individual.  The next question becomes staging the surgery vs doing them at the same time.  In todays climate, docs are more open to competition and working with other physicians, so you should approach the two of them to see if that is possible.  If not, the worst case scenario is you do one before the other.  And although the perception of nasal projection and chin projection are intimately interlinked, it is less important which is first.  If I had to vote, I would do the chin first, since the rhino is the more difficult surgery, and would be more precise knowing your final chin projection. 

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is possible to choose different physicians for different procedures, and occasionally the 2 surgeons may agree to work together so you only have to be under anaesthesia once. If not, you may have each one perform their part separately.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Combined nose and jaw surgery

+1

It is not unusual that you may find one surgeon with an expertise in one area while another has preferable results for a different procedure. If they work at the same hospital, combined surgery can be achieved and you may want to approach these surgeons. Alternatively, it just may be better to have two different procedures set up.

Using different surgeons at the same time.

+1

Re:

"Hello, I would like to get rhinoplasty AND jaw/chin augmentation. I find myself in a situation where I like how one doctor performs their rhinos (slim and defining with good results) but is weak in performing jaw/chins and the other doctor is a craniofacial plastic surgeon who basically specializes in jaw/chin augmentation(and the results are very good) but is definitely not the surgeon I want for noses...what can I do?!! *(The weird thing is both of these doctors are in Boston MA)"

I think the chances are good that you will be able to arrange for both doctors to work together.  In many cases, the local surgery centers and/or hospitals in which they may operate would also be happy to grant temporary priveleges to a doctor that they don't already have on staff.  

Good luck with your surgery.

Dr. Torkian - Lasky Clinic, Beverly Hills.

Behrooz Torkian, MD

You can find a surgeon to do both.

+1

You can find a surgeon who can do both but if not see if the 2 you like will work together.

Simple - Use both

+1

Why not speak to each one and tell them that this is what you would like to do.  They may both work at the same hospital or surgery center.  It will probably cost you more but remember, it's your face and you might as well get what you want, just be prepared to pay for each surgeon separately.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon