Get Saline Breast Implants at 18 and then Trade for Silicone when Old Enough?

Surgeons all suggest silicone as my best option because I have such little breast tissue, however I'm only 18. I cannot wait 4 yrs, I have saline as an option so in 5 yrs I'll trade them for silicone? Opinions? Good idea or bad idea? Dont want ripples.

Get Silicone Breast Implants at 18?

+1

In my opinion, there is no good reason why there is an FDA  mandated age of 22 for patients to receive silicone breast implants. There are many patients under the age of 22 who would ( based on their body type and the advantages of silicone breast implants) benefit from the use of silicone gel breast implants. Unfortunately, the use of these implants for these younger patients will negate the breast implant manufacturer warranty.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/saline-vs-silicone.htm

+1

Get Saline Breast Implants at 18 and then Trade for Silicone when Old Enough? This seems like a reasonable approach if you decide to proceed with implant placement. Consider the use of moderate plus saline filled to near capacity to diminish rippling tendencies.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Breast implants at 18

+1

Silicone is better option but as you know they may not be available for someone of your age. However,under certain circumstances, you may be able to qualify for them. I am offering a temporary price reduction for all cosmetic surgery and excellent financing for cosmetic surgery. Watch my videos!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What's the best implant for an 18 year old?

+1

By your own account, you are a thin woman with "little breast tissue".  In my experience, you could be well served with a dual plane, high profile saline implant, which confers a little better protection against visible rippling.  Be advised that if you are really thin, you may still feel the edge of the implant in the lower outer part of the breast. You should find a PS consultant with whom you can discuss your expectations and then do a lot of soul searching, prior to proceeding. good luck.

Saline or Silicone breast implant

+1

Please note the shape of your breasts after augmentation have nothing to do with the use of saline or silicone implant.  The shape has to do with choosing the right implant for your body dimensions and making the right pocket for the implant.

If you have thin, flimsy skin you MAY get rippling with both implants, although the chance with saline will be higher.  However, the saline implant can be overfilled slightly to minimize the risk.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Saline implants are unlikely to disappoint you

+1

As you expo lore the web you will find some distinct advantages to saline breast implants. Please view our profile to see what we have written in the past. Saline implants were used exclusively for 15 years after the silicone ban, with very good results. We still use very many saline implants in our practice and the satisfaction is very high. The softness is better over time and the ripple is a minor concern. Note that when the silicone implants became available there are hundreds of women who wear saline implants, and very few returned to have the implants changed out because they were unhappy. The gel implants are better for a few, but they are an easy 'sell' unless you are aware of all the facts about silicone gel and saline. Don't count out the saline implants. At age 18 they are the best choice.

peterejohnsonmd

Silicone implants

+1

The FDA has mandated that no one under 22 can have silicone implants.  The choice to have implants is yours. Saline implants are fine but if you wnat silicone you will have to wait until you are 22.

Silicone Breast Implants for people younger than 22

+1

There is no absolute restriction or law preventing using silicone breast implants in people younger than 22 years old. There is a restriction about marketing them to this age group for very reasonable concerns. See: http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/ImplantsandProsthetics/BreastImplants/ucm063719.htm#4.

With your concerns and the determination to have another surgery in 4 years, it is very reasonable to use silicone implants “off label” initially. A second operation, in your case, would be more risky than using the “wrong” implant.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Waiting for silicone implants

+1

The FDA has mandated that no one under age 22 can obtain silicone implants which do usually give a more natural result.  If you feel that you cannot wait 4 years, it is certainly a option to go ahead and have an augmentation with saline implants.  You may end up being quite pleased.  If not, you always have the option to switch to silicone at or after age 22.

Saline implants until age 22

+1

If you can't wait, your only option legally is saline.  There will be ripples and wrinkles if you are thin enough but you will still get a nice looking result as long as the right implant is used and placed under the muscle.  You can always change to gel later in life.