Recommendations for Gauged Ear Repair Surgeons in Ohio

I've had my piercing out for over 2 years and the earlobe will not go down anymore. It's around 3/8" of a hole. I'm looking for a plastic surgeon to repair both ears in the Northeast Ohio or surrounding area. Also, if allowed to post publicly, what would the cost be for this? Attached is a photo of my ear.

Earlobe repair in Ohio

+1
There should be no difficulty in finding a board certified plastic surgeon. The Cleveland Clinic is world class as is Case Western.

Ear lobe stretching repair

+1

Thank you for the question.  There are many good board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You should do your due diligence by checking with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Only by visiting the surgeon's website or office will you learn of his/her specific experience and skill.

The  repair of the stretched envelope is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance".  Must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe.   It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates.

Earlobe reconstruction video and discussion of earlobe repair what is the cost

+1

If you want this done really well, without someone trying to hurry your repair to get a great result, I would carefully consider the less expensive person. Depending on the situation, the costs could vary. For your ear, I would estimate that it would take about 30 minutes to up to 45 min to an hour. The cost of this would be from 1750-2500.  Find someone that is going to take his time to repair this and not try to get you in and out.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Dr Young specializes in Facial Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery and is located in Bellevue near Seattle, Washington

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Torn earlobe guaging repair

+1

Dr Dan Alam at the Cleveland Clinic is an excellent surgeon. Take your time finding the right surgeon for the procedure. 

Best wishes

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

We fixed guaged ears on The Doctors TV show.

+1

The procedure is so minor, that it can be done in a treatment room under local anesthesia.  That's why we did it live on TV for The Doctors show.  It costs about $800 and up, and it's easier than you might think.  Fortunately, the problem with these ears is too much tissue, which isn't such a problem.  Reconstructing defects in which there isn't enough tissue is much harder.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Cost for ear lobe repair

+1

We typically charge between 300 to 500 $ for repair of each earlobe tear. The cost is dependent on the severity of the tear and earlobe shape.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Surgeon in Ohio

+1

I would recommend that you be evaluated by one of the facial plastic surgeons at the Cleveland Clinic.  Dr. Daniel Alam and Michael Fritz are two of the surgeons who I know to be excellent.

Good luck!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Split ear lobe

+1

You are in Ohio, Case western University has a very good plastic surgery department. The cleveland clinic does also. In Ohio there are many BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEONS have multiple consults and choose your surgeon. Cost from $ 750-1500