Plastic Surgeon Ethics: Would You Go to Your Child's Career Day?

A plastic surgeon in Virginia attended his child's career day, and let kids feel some breast implants (just the implant, not in a patient :) ) They were 4-6th graders. A lot of parents were upset about this. Not only because their kids  were "coppin a feel" of fake breasts, but that they were being exposed to plastic surgery in general at an age where body issues are highly prevelant.

Do you think this was appropriate? Would you (or have you) attend your child's career day? Maybe without the implants? Curious what other doctors think.

Plastic surgeons at career day

I'm glad the plastic surgeon did not offer gender reassignment in his practice...

I would proudly attend such a day, and would point out how plastic surgeons help patients on a daily basis with problems that have been bothering them their entire lives, restore form and function, etc.