Surgeon Just Told Me my Pics Look Like I Have Cc, Only 18 Days Post Op? (photo)

I have a red rash/bruise that is hard and bumpy to touch appear 16 days post op. My surgeon thinks this is cc and has told me to massage downwards in inward and hold for 10 seconds every few hours. I have mentor silicone under muscle textured implants. Will this likely get worse or stay the same? Am i likely to need another operation to correct this or will massage be enough as its so early in recovery? I have a holiday planned for a month in 2 weeks will drinking alcohol make my cc worse?

Massage and Capsular Contracture

+1

I have never seen capsular contracture diagnosed this early.  I have seen this at about 3 months.  Massage will help to allow the implant to drop into whatever pocket was created during the surgery. 

CC, Only 18 Days Post Op

+1

18 days seems quite early to make a diagnosis of capsular contracture. I do see an area of asymmetry on the medial part of the left side near the breast fold. If it was like that on day one, I would not expect massage to correct this. 

If there is a CC, the affected breast would feel firmer than the other side. Of course, I cannot tell this from a photo. 

Do continue with your surgeons instructions regarding massage. Ask about  the use of a pectoral band if you are not using one.

Thanks for your question and the photos attached. Best wishes.

Contractures in the early post-op period

+1

is quite rare.  Regardless, your left implant does need massaging downwards and inwards.  If your breasts were like that immediately after surgery, there would be concern that the pocket on the left did not mirror the right.  Using textured implants also makes them harder to massage post-operatively to move them around to desired positions.  Try your best to improve your results and if they do not improve, I hope your doctor has a good revision policy as you are looking at another procedure if things do not improve with massage.  As for drinking, it should have no impact on contractures by itself. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast bruising after augmentation

+1

It is a bit early to ge a capsular contracture. There does seem to be bruising in the photos.  I think you should follow closely with your surgeon and his instructions.

Capsular contracture after breast augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. The pictures show bruising under the left breast. You need to address your questions with your plastic surgeon. Follow his/her instruction. Without in person exam it would be difficult to tell the cause of the bruise.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast Implant Encapsulation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your question, your plastic surgeon has not examined you but is making the diagnosis of possible breast implant encapsulation after viewing pictures.

You will receive the best advice after in person consultation/examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. I would suggest that you start there;  again, the quality of advice you will receive will be much better than what can be provided to you by online consultants.

If an unusual case of early breast implant encapsulation is present, then I would recommend frequent breast implant displacement exercise/massage,  the use of anti-inflammatories such as Accolate or Singular, and frequent follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

The use of alcohol will not necessarily make any breast implant encapsulation  present worse.