Surgeon tied my tip and I dont like it. Is it possible to get the tip back to how it used to be?

My surgery was in December 20 2013. I used to have a square tip and had rhinoplasty to lower a hump and rotate the tip up a bit. As I woke up from the surgery I asked if he did anything to the tip and he said that he tied the catilage together I did NOT want him to do that I explicitly told him not to make the tip thinner. Is this reversible?

Tip correction

+1
It is possible to address. And change the shape. You will want to let at least 9 months go by.  It takes time for the tissue to heal.  

+1

From a technical standpoint, the suture can be released to separate the cartilaginous components.

Reversible Tip

+1
Yes, the nasal suture can be released and the cartilage will separate. Trust your surgeon but if you are not satisfied seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon