Why Did my Surgeon Shave off my Bone?

I had a nosejob almost a year ago because I had a hump on the bridge and a droopy nose. So I got it done. The bridge looked nice and straight, but the tip was bulbous and upturned, and my columnella was hanging. In my revision rhinoplasty he shaved off bone again (even the tip) and put a material there. So he didn't only work on the tip but the bridge too, why's that?

Why was bridge worked on again in revision rhinoplasty

+2

Without knowing what your nose looked like before your most recent surgery it's difficult to say why your surgeon addressed your bridge again.

Sometimes as one area is address fine tuning needs to be done in another to make sure everything appears balanced.

You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon to get a clearer answer.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to assess your situation as you describe it here.  You should ask your surgeon these questions as he/she would be the best person to address them.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Shaving the dorsum

+1

Each situation is unique and only your rhinoplasty surgeon knows the specific details of your procedure and should be the person commenting on questions such as this

Sam Naficy, MD