Is It Possible That my Surgeon Set my Nasal Bone at an Altered Nasofrontal Angle, Causing my Nasolabial Angle to Change?

I had septo-rhinoplasty (nasal fracture reduction to straighten a nose which was off center) 1 year ago and now my nasofrontal and nasolabia angles have changed and my nose appears shorter. The nasolabia angle used to be 95 degrees and is now 120 and my nose appears upturned (pig-like). It also projects too far outwards from my face (pinocchio-like). Is it possible that after the surgeon broke the nasal bone, he set the nose at an altered angle--causing the nasolabia angle to change?

Tip of nose too upturned.

+1

A year after your surgery the result is now fixed and permanent. Your nasal tip sounds like its too upturned and will ;likely need further surgery. Your options are to return to your initial surgeon and have a discussion or proceed to a revision rhinoplasty expert. Please do your homework well, your next surgery is difficult and needs the help of an expert.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

The changes you describe are possible and within the first several months I would attribute these findings to swelling. However, given that it is now a year, it is likely that these results are longstanding and may require intervention with a revision rhinoplasty

Changes in Nasolabial and Nasofrontal Angles after Rhinoplasty

+1

Everything you describe is the result of your rhinoplasty. Discuss your dissatisfaction with your surgeon and/or get a second opinion from a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Altered Nasofrontal Angle, Nasolabial Angle After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Yes, the changes in your nose one year after your rhinoplasty are the result of your operation performed by your surgeon.  There are multiple maneuvers that gave rise to your result.  Discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  If you are unhappy with the appearance, at this point revision rhinoplasty can be considered.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Nasolabial Angle in Rhinoplasty

+1

The answer to your question is - yes. It is certainly possible that after he reshaped the bone he then set the tip in an unfavorable position that altered your nasolabial angle. But reshaping the nasal bone is technically unrelated to the nasolabial angle. Reshaping the nasal bone will not cause a change in the nasolabial angle. However, changes made to either one can certainly affect the other in terms of the final appearance of your nose. To help you better understand the relationships between these variables, I have provided a link to my rhinoplasty tutorial page that focuses on nasal analysis in rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com/rhinoplasty-tutorial/nasal-analysis/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon