What Kind of Surgeon to Remove Fat from the Armpit?

I am having the fat under the arm pit removed by a Breast surgeon...should I have gone thru a Plastic surgeon? I am now having serious thoughts - are there any questions I need to ask before the surgery?

Accessory Breast Tissue can be removed by a Competent Breast Surgeon or a Plastic surgeon

+1

Hi there-

The problem you describe is actually fairly common, and can be safely and effectively managed by a competent breast surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon.

Armpit tissue removal

+1

Accessory breast tissue can be problematic for patients. It is certainly a good idea to have it removed. This can be done either by a general surgeon or a plastic surgeon.

Removal of Arm Pit Fat

+1

The Axillary Tail (of Spence) of the breast is an extension of breast tissue. A good and meticulous Breast surgeon should be competent to perform the operation.