Would a Surgeon Refuse Me a Temple Lift for Being Too Young?

I am a 20 year old female. I realize that face lifts are intended for much older people, but I think a temple lift could help improve the overall look of my face by giving the outer corners of my eyes a subtle lift and slightly lifting my lower cheeks. I've used my fingers to gently elevate the skin in that area and I quite like the way it looks. I don't think my age should be a big factor in determining whether or not I am a good candidate for this surgery.

Temple Lift at 20? Wait a Few Years

+2

Why have surgery at age 20 to achieve a look that can be accomplished non-surgically? I would recommend use of Botox if you want to elevate your lateral brow area.  Although it is possible you could be a surgical candidate, my first recommendation would be that you consider less invasive options

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temple Lift with Eyebrow Plastic Surgery in 20-year old

+2

Hi teal1234 in Bend, OR,

Generally, 20 is too young for any facelift surgery, including the eyebrow. Other nonsurgical aesthetic options to improve one's facial appearance at this age include such treatments as skin care, laser, light peels, or tretinoin.

Some younger patients may be born with lower eyebrow position, and desire a slightly elevated brow. Botox Cosmetic may be another nonsurgical option to consider to elevate the brows without plastic surgery.

Lastly, plastic surgery may be possible in younger patients. However, cosmetic surgery may not be the first option. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Age is one factor among many to determine if a patient is a candidate for cosmetic surgery. Best of luck

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Clearly the surgeon you saw is not comfortable with what you are asking for.

+2
I have simple advice for you: Please do not ask a surgeon to do something they tell you they are not comfortable doing. Do you actually need a temple lift? This is a surgery with a limited range of indications. I find that many people coming for consultation often come asking for a certain surgery. Often this may not be the best choice for them. Rather than focus on the one procedure, it is important for the cosmetic surgeon to back up and understand your goal and what issues you are looking to address. The is the basis for designing a surgical or non-surgical plan that will be right for you

Facial Surgery for the Young Woman

+2

Most plastic surgeons will consider age, but not discriminate against a young person who is otherwise a good candidate for an elective cosmetic procedure. Schedule consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons - Get a couple opinions from experts.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Temple lift in a 20-year old

+2

A temple lift is usually reserved for an aging patient.

However, when the entire lateral canthal complex is downgoing, a combination of cheeklift with canthal adjustment, upper blepharoplasty and lateral browlift can raise the canthal complex.

It is the unusual patient who would require that, but an example is given below.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Temporal Browlift in a Young Female

+1

The most important thing is that most patients do not need any aesthetic surgery in their 20’s. Certainly, if one feels the need for a temporal browlift, one could consider using Botox, a temporizing procedure.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Temple lift at 20

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining you but it may be that what you are hoping to achieve is not realistic.  Brow and temple lifts are typically not done at in the 20's because there is not much laxity or glide

Sam Naficy, MD

Forehead lift at age 20

+1

While in medicine, we "never say never", it would be pretty unusual for a 20 year old to really need a forehead lift.  I'd suggest putting a tiny dose of Botox beneath the lateral portion of the brow to give a subtle lift.  

Thomas Fiala, MD

Forehead Lift, Face Lift

+1

At 20 years old it's unlikely that your eyebrows are low enough in position to warrant any type of Forehead Lift.  I would always reserve the right to change my opinion based on seeing you but in my 20 + years of performing Face and Forehead Lifts, I have not performed a Forehead Lift on anyone under 27 and any type of Face Lift on anyone under 32 years of age.

Facial plastic surgery in a 20 year old

+1

Most times, what you can do with your finger cannot be reproduced by surgery regardless of your age.  So wait until you are at least 40 before doing anything.  Meantime, avoid the sun and use medical grade skin care products.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS