Surgeon Referral for "Difficult Cases"? LARGE Implant Removal, Lift. OKC/DALLAS Area

In 2002, I had my first breast augmentation. Due to bad scarring I opted to go with very large implants instead of a lift. I have saline McGhan 850CC and 825CC implants. Today I noticed that the left one must be leaking because it is smaller than right. A year ago I consulted w/ a local PS about going smaller and doing a lift and he said my nipples were so low and I had barely any tissue left and wanted to help but didn't feel experienced enough. Now that I HAVE to go, who in OKC/Dallas?

Finding a Surgeon for Complex or Difficult Breast Implant Revision

+1

Typically patients that have sagging of the breast and are in need a lift tend to have thinner skin and tissues.  This can especially become a problem after pregnancy.  In many cases a large implant places considerable weight and pressure on these thinner and weaker tissues causing them to stretch, thin and sag even more.  Given your implant size it is likely that you would need a significant downsize of your implants and a breast lift.  These cases are usually considerably complex and every patient is different.   My suggestion is to seek out a plastic surgeon specifically board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and simply discuss with them their experience with difficult breast revision cases.

Finding Plastic Surgeon for Removal/Downsizing Breast Implants and Breast lifting?

+1

Ultimately, it will be up to you to do your due diligence in locating/selecting a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.  I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Arrange consultations and ask to see his/her before-and-after pictures and to potentially meet with patients who have had similar surgery.  You are correct in that some plastic surgeons will have more experience than others with  the type of revisionary breast surgery you are considering.