Surgeon Had Me Push on Bridge of Nose Immediately After Cast Removal. Could Pushing on the Bridge That Early Cause Damage?

I had a septorhinoplasty and am 26 days post op. Immediately after cast removal there was a minor bump from where the bridge was shaved down. My surgeon pushed on it very hard and told me to do that everyday. I did so for two weeks. Since then I have read to not manipulate the nose that early and to not push on the top of the nose. Everything looks good but I'm afraid maybe something could have shifted or it won't heal properly. I have asked my surgeon already and my question was brushed off.

Dorsal nasal bump after a rhinoplasty

+1

I would not be too concerned about a minor bump on your nose when the cast is removed.  I do not think that digital manipulation of the nose will make any difference.  

Damage to nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear isabella45,

1. If the nose does not hurt when you push it, then it is unlikely you caused any damage
  2. If it looks good, that is all that matters, and it will continue to heal without much issue
  3. If things change, please bring this up to your surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD