Would a Surgeon Perform Further Op Without Cost if I Am Not Happy with First Op Results?

I had BA, 260 overs, 4wks ago and i am not happy with the results. The size is too small and as the swelling goes down they are just going to get smaller. I have my post op with my surgeon in 2 weeks time, but am upset and feeling depressed and dont know how to move forward. Please can i have some advice/help on how to approach this with him. I am so unhappy as i used my life savings for this op which i had been saving for for over 10 years so i hope you can understand how upset i am feeling.

Cost for Revisionary Surgery; Unhappy after Breast Augmentation?

+2

You are still very early in the recovery period and as things heal and the implants settle, things may change.  I would ask that you allow your body to heal and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.  

Each office has their own policy regarding revisionary surgery but most do charge for surgery center and anesthesia as well as new breast implants (as these are not under the control of the surgeon).

Communicate with your surgeon (in a calm, non accusatory fashion) and allow him/her to help you.

Breast Enhancement

+1
The goal of the surgeon is to make you happy, most people have a policy on size changes. I charge 50% but there can be exceptions as well you may enjoy your size in the future as smaller is usually better

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Unhappy with results

+1

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to achieve excellent results, plastic surgeons cannot guarantee an outcome.  If you think your size is too small now then you will probably still be unhappy later.  Different doctors have different protocols for handling unhappy patients.  You will have to discuss this with your doctor.  Still, it is in the best interests of a plastic surgeon, who relies on happy patients to send him more patients, to try and work with you on this.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Would a Surgeon Perform Further Op Without Cost if I Am Not Happy?

+1

You would have to ask the individual surgeon. 

If he feels he did something "wrong" he might be more likely to do so. 

Most offices have policies regarding revision surgery, and many or most offer reduced, occasionally no added professional fee. Most will charge for the operating room, anesthesia, and implants. 

Discuss your expectations, and disappointment with your surgeon. I think you have described your feelings quite eloquently in the query you submitted, and you should express those to your surgeon.

Thanks and best wishes.

Further surgery with no fee...

+1

The best advise I can give is to be really up front and honest with your surgeon.  I am sure he/she will be understanding and want to work with you to achieve the result you intended.  

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon